Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Decluttering airspace and changing chart scale during printing

Author
smithgd
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi

Can anyone help me to do the following:

1) Declutter the airspace in plan view on the map. I know you can hide airspace above and below user set altitudes but how do you declutter it? For example around CPT/Blackbushe the airways Class A is shown even though it is higher than the minimum TMA class A. Is there a way to only show the lower limit which in this case is the TMA? If I switch to airways mode it appears to declutter a little bit, how do I get it to do that in VFR mode?

2) When printing a chart (right click anywhere) it brings up the print center but when I printed a chart the scale was wrong. When I plotted a route and printed it it was correct? Is there a way to select a scale when just printing a chart?

Cheers

Graham
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
1. The chart should already be decluttered according to your preferences as to what levels to include airspace for. There is an airway Q41 in the area you spoke of starting at FL65 I think, it needs to be shown as it leaves TMA controlled airspace and becomes the only controlled airspace to the south.

2. I believe when performing an ad-hoc print of a chart, SkyDemon assumes you want the area of chart currently shown onscreen. It selects a scale automatically such that the area of your chart onscreen can be entirely contained within the piece of paper selected in the printer. You may therefore need to zoom in or out a bit on your screen to get the desired effect.
smithgd
smithgd
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
Thanks for the help Tim.

1) it's not just that airway it's any airway for example N615 from MID heading over EGLF which is above the 3500ft min TMA level.

2) thanks wilco

Cheers
Graham
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search