Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

"no overflying sign" not on chart ?

Author
apache
Too Much Forum (192 reputation)Too Much Forum (192 reputation)Too Much Forum (192 reputation)Too Much Forum (192 reputation)Too Much Forum (192 reputation)Too Much Forum (192 reputation)Too Much Forum (192 reputation)Too Much Forum (192 reputation)Too Much Forum (192 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi everyone,
I don't see on any chart the sign on building indicating no overflying at low altitude where it exists on paper charts (SIA, ...)
Is there any display option? I didn't find..
Thanks a lot
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)
No, this data is not part of SkyDemon charts.
MikeTwoOne
MikeTwoOne
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Hi,

Thanks for your answer.
Just because I'm curious: Is this a SD choice, or is it because those elements are not part of the available data you're using to build maps?

Those areas are kind of "no flying zone" (under 1000ft AGL), it's pretty important not to flying over them. They can be hospitals, explosive factories, and even if they're not always dangerous, flying over them has a negative impact (at least on people's perception).

The same apply the natural reserves, which are not part of the charts. I love birds and I want them not to hate me Wink

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)
Unfortunately the French authorities will not share the nature reserve polygon data with us.

The no overflight data is published in the AIP, though, so we could in theory incorporate it. It's unusual though because they are just points with no area, so it is not clear what radius the pilot should avoid. How are these sites represented on printed French charts? Could you share a photo of one, perhaps?
MikeTwoOne
MikeTwoOne
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Hi,

Thanks for your answer. Since my post, I've discover that nature reserves are not share by the French authorities and that yes, you can't really deal with such areas.

As regards the no overflight areas, I've attached the original map legend. The representation is the "site with special marking" one (white circle in a red square).
Looking at the official definition of these areas, there is no formal attached radius, it's just "prohibited low overflying" (1000 ft AGL for helicopters and SPE, unless otherwise stated on the chart).

Perhaps applying the same rule than for an obstruction can be enough (except from the symbol and warning message). I'm not sure of the radius SD uses for such areas but it seems to fit the use case here.

Hope that helps,

M
Attachments
noflyzone.PNG (825 views, 63.00 KB)
Edited 12/16/2013 1:45:58 PM by MikeTwoOne
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Thanks, we will add this to our development list and discuss the addition at our next development meeting.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search