Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Lost flightplan for return flight SD PC

Author
crackle
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I recently used SD on my PC to file a flightplan to LFAT and back, the night before a flight. The outbound FP went through OK, but when I sent the return the process didn't seem to complete after some time (5-10 minutes) so I shut down and repeated the process, with the same result. When I later checked in the list of plans filed, there were 2 return flights (I had changed the ETD time so they were different), so I cancelled one of them. However there was no flightplan found at LFAT for the return flight so it is probable, I think, that they did not get through. I must say, having to fill out the paper version to for faxing reminded me what a blessing the SD version is!
Any ideas what I could do better in the future?
Thanks again
Christopher
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
If LFAT haven't been given your flightplan by the French ARO we send it to, then it is usually the fault of the ARO, although attempts to confront them about such failures usually meet with silence (unfortunately). If SkyDemon confirms the plan has been sent (by email, and you'll be able to see it in the customer area too) then it has been sent, and we have retained proof of its transmission.

If SkyDemon itself hasn't confirmed the sending it's probably a connection blip somewhere, but you'll get an email from us anyway once the filing has been sent.
crackle
crackle
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
Thanks Tim
I didn't get a confirmation email on the outgoing or incoming flight plans, but they were on the list in the customer area, and I did get a confirmation email when I cancelled one.
Regards
Christopher
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Perhaps there was a problem on our server between sending your flightplan, recording it, and sending the confirmation email to you. It seems unlikely but that's the only thing I can think of that would explain what you're describing.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search