Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Coordinates on plog

Author
BillHall
Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
It is my habit to print a plog, take it to the aircraft and enter the route into the Garmin. Not an unusual way of operating.

This does not work with Skydemon since no lat/longs are shown on the plog except for user points.

Obviously VORs etc are ok since they are normally in the GPS database. The problem occurs with visual points, cities etc

Humbly suggest another tickbox in the print route dialogue "Always show lat/long" or maybe an option with "show RNAV"

NB Very good program IMHO

Bill

Bill
pink leader
pink leader
Too Much Forum (48K reputation)Too Much Forum (48K reputation)Too Much Forum (48K reputation)Too Much Forum (48K reputation)Too Much Forum (48K reputation)Too Much Forum (48K reputation)Too Much Forum (48K reputation)Too Much Forum (48K reputation)Too Much Forum (48K reputation)
Not sure which garmin you have and whether its removable from plane. If yes its really easy to transfer route from SD to Garmin; can even do it with an old Pilot 3 via usb/serial converter. 296 and upwards is via USB cable.

Data transfer takes about 10 secs.

Need to remember that it does clog up your garmin with waypoints but these can be removed from time to time very easily (and by category).

Cheers

david

BillHall
BillHall
Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)
That does not work for me I'm afraid. Panel mount Garmin

Bill
BillHall
BillHall
Co-Ordinates are now on Plog (not sure if it was in response to my request but thanks very much anyway)

BUT

Many waypoint types do not get their co-ordinates shown on the printout:
VRPs
Disused airfields
Microlight sites
Private strips
etc

As I said previously this does not really matter for airfields with an EGxx code, VORs etc since they are in most databases, but currently I have to labouriously lookup the lat/long of many waypoints and write them on the plog myself which rather defeats the object of Skydemon Plan.

Otherwise I like the program even more each release .......

Bill

Bill
nje
nje
Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)
"I have to labouriously lookup the lat/long of many waypoints"

Just put the cursor over the location and look at the bottom left of your screen, you'll see the lat/long.
BillHall
BillHall
Yes .... but that's laborious! I need it printed on the paper plog.

Skydemon allows RNav vectors to be shown for each point (does anyone use these any more!) but not Lat/Long

Bill
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
As of the next version, there is now a Position column that can be turned on in the PLOG which shows the lat/lon for each point.
deeveedee
deeveedee
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
I noticed that user created waypoints are not part of a SD flightplan. If you copy a flightplan to another PC you have to export/import the renamed waypoints to get them on the other PC and PLOG. Only the originally coordinates are visible.
Probably a request to take that in the wish list.
Focha
Focha
Too Much Forum (739 reputation)Too Much Forum (739 reputation)Too Much Forum (739 reputation)Too Much Forum (739 reputation)Too Much Forum (739 reputation)Too Much Forum (739 reputation)Too Much Forum (739 reputation)Too Much Forum (739 reputation)Too Much Forum (739 reputation)
As a further improvement LAT/LONG could be put one above the other instead of side by side in order to improve sheet space. Thank you for paying attention to our request and for the continuing effort to improve your software. 
Dennis marks
D
Too Much Forum (257 reputation)Too Much Forum (257 reputation)Too Much Forum (257 reputation)Too Much Forum (257 reputation)Too Much Forum (257 reputation)Too Much Forum (257 reputation)Too Much Forum (257 reputation)Too Much Forum (257 reputation)Too Much Forum (257 reputation)
Hello, this is a little off topic...but I found this blog when trying to find out if you can create a route in skydemon by entering latitude and longitude coordinates. Most of my cross country flying is off airport and I don't see how skydemon is usable for this. Or am I just missing something? Thank you, Dennis.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search