Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Coordinates on plog

Author
nje
Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Unless I’ve misunderstood your question Dennis, can’t you just long tap on the location you want to fly to and then when the ‘what’s here’ box appears either tap the ‘map reference ‘or the ‘ create user waypoint ‘ and tell it to ‘append to route’ .
Hope this helps
Edited 11/22/2017 1:57:54 PM by nje
Dennis marks
D
Too Much Forum (267 reputation)Too Much Forum (267 reputation)Too Much Forum (267 reputation)Too Much Forum (267 reputation)Too Much Forum (267 reputation)Too Much Forum (267 reputation)Too Much Forum (267 reputation)Too Much Forum (267 reputation)Too Much Forum (267 reputation)
Thank you nje. I am in a trial version of sd and am learning. Much of the flying we do in Alaska and other remote areas is getting waypoints, of good hunting, fishing, camping, etc. spots and entering into a gps and going. I would like to use this program and would think it would be a much used feature but I don't see it. Also, I have an iPad with gps only as I can't connect to cellular. I cannot get a location on SD now. Do I need cellular as well as GPS for SD? Thank you!
Dennis marks
D
Too Much Forum (267 reputation)Too Much Forum (267 reputation)Too Much Forum (267 reputation)Too Much Forum (267 reputation)Too Much Forum (267 reputation)Too Much Forum (267 reputation)Too Much Forum (267 reputation)Too Much Forum (267 reputation)Too Much Forum (267 reputation)
So to clarify, I don't necessarily know where on the map these places are, and to plat them first or locate on google maps or whatever would make sd more clumsy and less useful. SD may be designed to use for listed airfields mostly. I know there are other programs and gps that allow you to enter user waypoints in Lat longs and I'm sure I can find one that works for us.
nje
nje
Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)
Hello Dennis- you have the same as I have, an ipad with a separate gps, but an iPad with inbuilt gps is not really any different. No cellular is required.
On your iPad just hold your finger (for 2 seconds) on the SkyDemon screen at any point you want to start your route.
Then click on ‘ create new waypoint’. Type in a name on the top line, for instance ‘start route ‘ and click ‘save’ look at the chart and where you held your finger you will see the waypoint you’ve just created, now click on it to activate it, it will say something like “now click on another waypoint to extend your route”
Then Hold your finger on another point on the chart and in the ‘whats Here’ screen, click on the map reference and then on ‘append to route’.
This will give you what you need, you can just keep adding legs to the route as required
nje
nje
Sorry, I posted last post before seeing your latest.
As far as I know you can’t search on lat/longitude
Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Hi Dennis,

C‌heck page 15 of the latest SD manual for how to create a waypoint using lat/lon coordinates‌.
R‌egards

T‌ony‌
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search