Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Virtual Radar weather missing since last update

Author
deeveedee
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

It seems that I lost the weather on my virtual radar. On the previous versions I saw the cloud base/tops and rain areas along the track. Do I have to set a parameter to get these back?

Dick
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Have you perhaps turned off display of TAF/METAR? You didn't say which version of SkyDemon you're using, but on all versions there is an option to display TAF, METAR or neither on the map and virtual radar.
deeveedee
deeveedee
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
Tim, thanks for your fast response. Probably I made an interpretation error: thinking that the weather along the whole route would be displayed but it is only displayed when you flying over fields with weather information. Is that a correct interpretation?
Admin
Admin
Too Much Forum (5.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.6K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Yes; weather displayed in virtual radar is drawn from TAF and METAR and of course these are only published for certain airfields. Winds aloft are different; these are available everywhere.
Ozfrog
O
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/20/2013 5:40:22 PM
Have you perhaps turned off display of TAF/METAR? You didn't say which version of SkyDemon you're using, but on all versions there is an option to display TAF, METAR or neither on the map and virtual radar.

Where is that - I'm evaluating a 1 month trial version on iPad Mini (1) ? Downloaded 04/06/2019. Version?
I have NO weather / clouds in Virtual Radar despite there being adequate TAFs and METARs available in the "Météo" panel.

Thanks

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Perhaps there were no cloud layers low enough to show up, on the day you checked? A screenshot would be helpful.
Ozfrog
O
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 6/10/2019 10:08:57 AM
Perhaps there were no cloud layers low enough to show up, on the day you checked? A screenshot would be helpful.

[img=http://forums.skydemon.aero/Uploads/Images/8617675b-e11b-437c-9a41-9fd2.png]http://forums.skydemon.aero/Uploads/Images/f9f1cc0b-e754-477e-9ffe-859c.png[/imc

As you can see, there are several cloud layers forecast at Troyes. Still nothing in the Visual Radar window.
I repeat, this is NOT in actual use. Sitting at home. Maybe why?
Thanks.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Thank you. We were able to reproduce this and track down a very specific bug. It will be fixed in the next release.
Ozfrog
O
Tim Dawson - 6/11/2019 9:42:24 AM
Thank you. We were able to reproduce this and track down a very specific bug. It will be fixed in the next release.

Good news. Any possibility of a date for the next release?
As I said, I'm on a 30 day trial and the most commercial incentive to change my software is this feature.
cheers

Ozfrog.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
No, sorry. The bug is very specific and you can see exactly how it "should" look if you drag your turning point slightly away from the exact position of the airfield, so you're turning just adjacent to it. Then the cloud layers will appear as they should based on the METAR.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search