Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Pooleys Plate Update

Author
Steve T
Too Much Forum (5.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
My apologies if this has been covered before but I would like to know the policy on updating Pooleys plates.

I have just been updating my hard copy of Pooleys with Airnotes 1-13 dated 15/3/13 (yes I know I'm behind but the weather has only just become flyable from a grass strip )

Some information on the plates just downloaded onto my iPad has been updated but not all.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)
The Pooley's plates should be updated in SkyDemon when they're updated on other sources; Pooley's hand them to us whenever there is an update due. If you have a specific instance please let us (or better yet Pooley's know).
Steve T
Steve T
Too Much Forum (5.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.2K reputation)
Hi Tim,

Many thanks for your reply, my apologies for the delay in replying.

The problem seems to be that Pooleys issue 'Airnotes' to update their plates. They do not always issue new plates to update the hard copy. So the problem is that when the plates appear on SkyDemon they do not incorporate the latest updates.

e.g. Airnotes Issue 1 dated 15/3/13 had the following :

Cambridge Rwy 23 TORA revised to 1883. - The plate in SD shows this as 1892

Duxford Asphalt Rwy 06/24 Dimensions revised to 1503 x 32 m - The plate in SD shows this as 1199 ( there is also a mistake as the diagram rwy dims. and the written rwy lengths are different!)

Gloucester has similar errors.

These are just 3 examples picked at random, I'm sure the problem exists on all updated pages.

I'm sure you will agree that basic information such as this should show correctly on SD. It would seem the answer is for Pooleys to update their database plates as required rather than relying on reference to another document (Airnotes) for up to date information.

Regards,

Steve T
Steve T
Steve T
Tim would appreciate your views.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)
I quite agree with your conclusion. There is no system in SkyDemon to add errata to plates, or to reference a standard errata document, so it would seem that the best target of your feedback is Pooley's. We update their plates whenever they send us updates.
Steve T
Steve T
I contacted Pooleys last week explained the problem and was promised that Sebastian Pooley would phone me back. No phone call received as yet!! Obviously Pooleys are not that concerned that their aeronautical data is incorrect.
Steve T
Steve T
Phoned Pooleys and spoke to Sebastian today. In future the Airnote updates will be sent to SD to icorporate the changes. Pooleys will send this information to SD at the same time as the approved Airnotes are sent to the printers. So if SD incorporate the changes quickly then the Plates in SD should be updated before subscribers to the hard copy received their Airnoptes.

Time will tell!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search