Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

trouble downloading plates to the ipad

Author
GeKaiser
Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I recently bought the DFS plates and download of all of them to SD on my PC with ease. But on the iPad I always get "communication problem" after some plates have been downloaded. No chance to download more then 5 plates in one go.

My WiFi is stable and fast: I never encountered any any other download problems in this environment.
I rebooted my iPad (Version 4/64GB/with GSM/iOS 6)

Any idea?
Any chance to copy the PDF files form my PC via iTunes to the iPad?

BTW: Is there a update function included (message if a new version of certain plates are available)

Georg
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
Hello Georg, could you monitor the process and determine whether it is one file in particular that is causing your download to stop?
GeKaiser
GeKaiser
Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)
Dear Tim.

no, there was no particular file that caused the problem. The download started and - maybe depending on the size of the PDF's - crashed after a certain time - It was noticeable that the bigger, international airports where more affected.

When restarting the next time the download continued from the point it crashed before. That's how I finally solved the problem: After restarting maybe 15 to 20 times I managed to download them all.

Georg
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
It sounds like possibly the connection you were using was not reliable enough to consistently download all plates. At present, if a communication error happens during a plate download operation, SkyDemon gives up and does not retry.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search