Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

export gpx to 2012 Garmin g1000 in Cessna 208, in correct format

Author
MXAKW
Too Much Forum (313 reputation)Too Much Forum (313 reputation)Too Much Forum (313 reputation)Too Much Forum (313 reputation)Too Much Forum (313 reputation)Too Much Forum (313 reputation)Too Much Forum (313 reputation)Too Much Forum (313 reputation)Too Much Forum (313 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Is there any info to achieve this without messing up G1000 unit? Some say GPX and others say FPL (with dire warnings against getting it wrong)

AKW C208
andersep
andersep
Too Much Forum (525 reputation)Too Much Forum (525 reputation)Too Much Forum (525 reputation)Too Much Forum (525 reputation)Too Much Forum (525 reputation)Too Much Forum (525 reputation)Too Much Forum (525 reputation)Too Much Forum (525 reputation)Too Much Forum (525 reputation)
Is there any news to this?
I tried to export in two different formats from SkyDemon for PC and neither worked in my C172SP G1000.

What kind of information is needed to resolve this problem ? It would be fantastic to plan a flightplan on Skydemon and then import it into the G1000 for going flying.
Edited 2/19/2013 2:51:56 PM by andersep
andersep
andersep
Too Much Forum (525 reputation)Too Much Forum (525 reputation)Too Much Forum (525 reputation)Too Much Forum (525 reputation)Too Much Forum (525 reputation)Too Much Forum (525 reputation)Too Much Forum (525 reputation)Too Much Forum (525 reputation)Too Much Forum (525 reputation)
This document describes how to import as well as which formats works with the G1000.

http://njwg.cap.gov/Operations/aircrew_files/Miscellaneous/How_to_Create_and_Upload_Flight_Plans_into_the_G1000.pdf

regards
Per
phil8536
phil8536
Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)
All, I have done quite a lot of work looking at transferring between Skydemon and G1000.

In summary the feature doesn't work at the moment. I have identified the following issues with the SD export file

1) The filename must be .fpl (lowercase) The G1000 does not recognise .FPL (uppercase)

2) The <comment /> lines need to be edited to <comment></comment>

3) The <country-code /> needs to have a value e.g. <country-code >EG</country-code>

4) The <waypoint-country-code /> needs to have a value e.g. <waypoint-country-code >EG</waypoint-country-code>

I have manually edited a couple of files and they seem to work fine.

More than happy to send SD example files etc. Just drop me a line

Phil

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search