Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Total Trip Planning

Author
G-OIBM
Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Prior to using the much superior Sky Angel, then subscribing to Sky Demon, I used Jepp FlightStar for my VFR planning (I admit it !).

One of the features I found really useful in FlightStar was the ability to select a waypoint airfield to land and re-fuel (or clear customes etc whilst enroute to South of France). This allowed a trip kit to be printed with all legs included in the PLOG, and to automatically dowload the approach and landing plates etc for the intermediate stops. The PLOG also calculated the diffeences in the total leg times to include the landing and take off info.

In SkyDemon currently, if I want to fly to my ususal field in the south of France, I can't capture this landing en-route data on the PLOG or virtual radar etc.

Is this functionality already included in SD and I can't find it (if so please help look in the correct direction), if not can it be added as part of the planning procedures, perhaps as a right click on an en-route airfiled with an option to land and refuel? This is then reflected in the PLOG and virtual radar, and the plates downloaded automatically if available?

Great stuff and keep up the excellent work.

Ta

Hugh

Regards

Hugh

G-OIBM

Commander 114
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
SkyDemon doesn't currently offer multiple sectors per planned route. This is something we may do, but it would complicate the product and it doesn't get asked for all that often, so it's not going to happen soon.
EddieHeli
EddieHeli
Too Much Forum (438 reputation)Too Much Forum (438 reputation)Too Much Forum (438 reputation)Too Much Forum (438 reputation)Too Much Forum (438 reputation)Too Much Forum (438 reputation)Too Much Forum (438 reputation)Too Much Forum (438 reputation)Too Much Forum (438 reputation)
As an ex Jepp Flightstar user I also miss the total trip facility.

I am currently planning several future trips with 4pob, all of which require fuel and/or customs stops enroute.

As I am planning on using my IPad in the cockpit, it would also be really usefull to have the whole trip in one.

When renting aircraft its useful to plan the whole route to get an idea of total time and rental cost, but is a pain then having to split and replan the route as separate segments.

I think you'll find this a very popular feature even if you haven't had loads of people ask for it yet.

I bet if you asked all current subscribers how many would find this feature useful I would be surprised if there were many that wouldn't.
Lennart Sundgren
Lennart Sundgren
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
That would be a nice feature to use when I collect airports with touch and go landings Wow

PPL / NQ
Bouwair
Bouwair
Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)
The feature mentioned above is one i also would really like.
If you plan a trip for severall day's it becomes handy if you can plan the whole trip and see what you need.
So i am also one who is in favour of this extra feature.

grt
Freerk
Runways
Runways
Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)
This thread is very intersting as it makes one wonder if navigational equipments used in commercial operations cater for a similar facilty i.e. planning several trips in a single lump-sum.

Very Newbytheway

DurhamTeaseAirport
EddieHeli
EddieHeli
Too Much Forum (438 reputation)Too Much Forum (438 reputation)Too Much Forum (438 reputation)Too Much Forum (438 reputation)Too Much Forum (438 reputation)Too Much Forum (438 reputation)Too Much Forum (438 reputation)Too Much Forum (438 reputation)Too Much Forum (438 reputation)
Well Jeppesen Flight Star planning software does, I don't know if that can be transferred to the on board GPS or Flight Management system or not.

I always used to plan return journeys as one flight, and print out strip maps for in cockpit use.
Doober2004
Doober2004
Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)
prep and plan for a trip with multiple sectors would be very useful ... yes please ..... gets my vote!
G-OIBM
G-OIBM
Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)
Tim,

Look like I may have started a thread that generating a bit of interest, so I'll keep hoping that we may get a multi leg trip kit in thye future (near-ish ??)

It really is a great function!

Regards

Hugh

G-OIBM

Commander 114
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
We've actually been prototyping this feature, i.e. multiple sectors per route, and it works fine. The trouble is, it's not really very different from how things are now, except that multiple routes are displayed on the map and clicking on one makes it "active", whereupon the virtual radar and everything else update to show that as the "selected" route.

What would you actually want to behave differently in a multi-sector route? We probably wouldn't particularly want to change the PLOG, as the PLOG is for a single sector by design. The virtual radar is also designed to represent a single sector.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search