SkyDemon Forums

Total Trip Planning

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic7884.aspx

By G-OIBM - 11/27/2012 6:37:54 PM

Prior to using the much superior Sky Angel, then subscribing to Sky Demon, I used Jepp FlightStar for my VFR planning (I admit it !).

One of the features I found really useful in FlightStar was the ability to select a waypoint airfield to land and re-fuel (or clear customes etc whilst enroute to South of France). This allowed a trip kit to be printed with all legs included in the PLOG, and to automatically dowload the approach and landing plates etc for the intermediate stops. The PLOG also calculated the diffeences in the total leg times to include the landing and take off info.

In SkyDemon currently, if I want to fly to my ususal field in the south of France, I can't capture this landing en-route data on the PLOG or virtual radar etc.

Is this functionality already included in SD and I can't find it (if so please help look in the correct direction), if not can it be added as part of the planning procedures, perhaps as a right click on an en-route airfiled with an option to land and refuel? This is then reflected in the PLOG and virtual radar, and the plates downloaded automatically if available?

Great stuff and keep up the excellent work.

Ta

Hugh
By Tim Dawson - 5/5/2015 10:07:33 AM

At some point, it seems like that would make sense for us to do. But since implementing this feature we have seen little demand for enhancing it, and there is a lot of work for us to do in other areas where there is much greater demand.