Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

new ipad update

Author
wb9999
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Navigation is working for me on 2.4.3. I have an external GPS (not an Apple-approved - I use RoqyBT4 on a jailbroken iPad to use a GlobalSat GPS). I don't know if this makes a difference.

But I do have the problem with opening a log file from a previous flight - the app crashes. I also experiences freezes on the splash screen, and I have to close SkyDemon and try again.

nbayliff
nbayliff
Too Much Forum (634 reputation)Too Much Forum (634 reputation)Too Much Forum (634 reputation)Too Much Forum (634 reputation)Too Much Forum (634 reputation)Too Much Forum (634 reputation)Too Much Forum (634 reputation)Too Much Forum (634 reputation)Too Much Forum (634 reputation)
Well, one sure way to test map and compass skills today was to upgrade to iOS6 and latest Skydemon and jump in the aircraft with a Pax.

Asked them to hold the iPad and uttered the immortal phrase - "yes, it will say seeking satellites for a while - don't worry about that. We don't really need it, we have the chart and compass and the vis is reasonable today."

After 45 mins of flight through a few light showers and a wet landing at Compton Abbas, he commented that "the satellites must be pretty lost, if we're still seeking them!"

Would be grateful for the ability to retro-grade via iPad - could have reverted to previous version if available whilst sat having a very nice sausage and chips lunch. Still, practice with the eyeball was worth it.
buckels27
buckels27
Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)
I never sync using iTunes so as far as I can see, there is no way of reverting to the previous version. This is where Apple's model is really unhelpful. It would be child's play to reinstall an old version on Pocket PC or other OS, directly from Skydemon. I suppose it is not possible for Tim to put up the previous version onto Itunes to restore from that after deleting current version.
WinHern
WinHern
Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)
I have the new version of Skydemon.
I have an iPad 3, but am still running ios 5
It is not jail broken.

I have turned my wifi off, to avoid that being used as a source, and turned my external Dual GPS on.
Sat in my study, I have tried clicking 'Go Flying' many times and SkyDemon has worked correctly.
I tried turning the GPS off to confirm that it was the true source and my plane correctly turned red several seconds later.
I tried loading a previous route and it showed the breadcrumb trail correctly.

Hope this info helps the attempts to diagnose the fault.
dexter10000
dexter10000
Too Much Forum (855 reputation)Too Much Forum (855 reputation)Too Much Forum (855 reputation)Too Much Forum (855 reputation)Too Much Forum (855 reputation)Too Much Forum (855 reputation)Too Much Forum (855 reputation)Too Much Forum (855 reputation)Too Much Forum (855 reputation)
Grrr same thing happening to me! I really could have done with Skydemon this weekend as well. No satellite lock and the search function is not working for me as well. Thats the last time I install an update without leaving it a few days first to make sure it works! There really should be a way without itunes to go back to a previous version. Also not too pleased there has been no comment from the Skydemon team on this problem.
Not happy at all.
stevelup
stevelup
Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)
Group: Moderators
The following worked for me:-

Launch SD and enter Go Flying mode.
Press the home button, go to Settings, and turn off location services completely (master switch at the top, not the SD specific setting).
Turn location services back on.
Switch back to SD
dexter10000
dexter10000
Too Much Forum (855 reputation)Too Much Forum (855 reputation)Too Much Forum (855 reputation)Too Much Forum (855 reputation)Too Much Forum (855 reputation)Too Much Forum (855 reputation)Too Much Forum (855 reputation)Too Much Forum (855 reputation)Too Much Forum (855 reputation)
Tried that not working still.
Has anyone got a previous version of the SD iPad app they could let me have?

steinardo
steinardo
Too Much Forum (5.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.9K reputation)
I have the file SkyDemon 2.4.2.ipa backed up in Itunes. Not sure if I'm allowed to distribute though, does it contain licensing information?
pretavoler
pretavoler
Too Much Forum (99 reputation)Too Much Forum (99 reputation)Too Much Forum (99 reputation)Too Much Forum (99 reputation)Too Much Forum (99 reputation)Too Much Forum (99 reputation)Too Much Forum (99 reputation)Too Much Forum (99 reputation)Too Much Forum (99 reputation)
I found the latest version very unstable. Crashes on launch or freezes in use. Tried uninstalling and then reinstalling but it appears that both SkyDemon and SkyDemon Light have now been pulled from the iTunes store…
Bouwair
Bouwair
Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)
I tried different app store, but could not find it in any store. Only the light version i was able to find.

grt
Bouwair
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search