Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

new ipad update

Author
PaulB
Too Much Forum (959 reputation)Too Much Forum (959 reputation)Too Much Forum (959 reputation)Too Much Forum (959 reputation)Too Much Forum (959 reputation)Too Much Forum (959 reputation)Too Much Forum (959 reputation)Too Much Forum (959 reputation)Too Much Forum (959 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
just updated to latest version for ipad from app store,

Have noticed that after update - i press go flying and i just get message (seeking gps satellites) and nothing happens. No satellite lock

Also my last logged flight before update - i press show breadcrum and skydemon crashes to desktop.

i have over 60hrs logged with skydemon on ipad and find the software fantastic,

Like new skratchpad 2nd page and skydemon 2 map,

Hope there is fix for the 2 issues i found as i hope to use ipad when flying at weekend.

AlanS
AlanS
Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)
I to have updated, I can load the last flight log this works with no problem for me.

Love the new scrtachpad and even better, the ability to save waypoints to the cloud, excellent, well done SkyDemon Team.

I also seem to be having the issue with the GPS fix, with a course loaded and on GoFlying, I am getting a "No Course, Position Unknown" & the "Seeking GPS Satellites" banner. I am hoping this is down to being inside and the bad weather, will try outside later today.
Tags
AlanS
AlanS
Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)
Just flown(in the car) to the office and the same error occurs, Seeking Satellites. Other GPS apps working fine.

In addition I have experienced the SkyDemon front screen freeze having hit the I Agree button. This has now happened three times and can only be overcome by restarting the device.

Tags
stevelup
stevelup
Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi

Check that SkyDemon has permission to access your location services. On iOS 6, this is under Settings > Privacy > Location Services. On prior versions, it's Settings > Location Services.

You should never have to reboot your device for an unresponsive app. If this happens again:-

Press the home button once to return to iPad home screen
Double tap the home button
When the multitasking bar appears at the bottom of the screen, press and hold on the SD icon, then tap the (-) sign when it appears.
nwhite007
nwhite007
Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)
Hi I am getting the same issues on iPad 3, I have made sure location services is on for Skydemon, still seeking GPS Satellites is showing in a green banner. Weather is updating fine metar and tafs but no Satellite fix. I have deleted SD and synced with my Mac to go back to SD before the update and this works fine, installed the update again and the same happens, any ideas?

Cheers
PaulB
PaulB
Too Much Forum (959 reputation)Too Much Forum (959 reputation)Too Much Forum (959 reputation)Too Much Forum (959 reputation)Too Much Forum (959 reputation)Too Much Forum (959 reputation)Too Much Forum (959 reputation)Too Much Forum (959 reputation)Too Much Forum (959 reputation)
I have location services set to on.

I have tried using built in gps and with external gps reciever that i use when flying.

All other apps i have on ipad work ok and get gps signal.

I was flying all day Saturday and Sunday and only thing changed is update to app last night.

Only since update is Sydemon not getting gps signal.

Once again Skydemon is the best software i have used for flying and i appreciate all the hard work involved in programing.

As an option to resolve - If i delete app and re-install, would i lose all my flight logs and waypoints on ipad

Many thanks
DA40
DA40
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
Same thing here. SEEKING GPS Satellites. Checked that location is on. Have also reinstalled, But still not working.

Quick fix much appreciated, otherwise need to cancel flying this weekend.

(How abt doing proper tests B4 releasing new apps??)

Regards

Pelle
larbiere
larbiere
Too Much Forum (518 reputation)Too Much Forum (518 reputation)Too Much Forum (518 reputation)Too Much Forum (518 reputation)Too Much Forum (518 reputation)Too Much Forum (518 reputation)Too Much Forum (518 reputation)Too Much Forum (518 reputation)Too Much Forum (518 reputation)
Hi

Same thing here. Seeking GPS Satellites!!

But there is another problem. When trying to plan a flight from ELNT to LFJD the device crashes every time I try. Journey's to Germany work fine but in that area of France, there is a problem. Somebody got an idea?

Jean-Paul
2high2fastagain
2high2fastagain
Too Much Forum (5.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.8K reputation)
New version looks good. I like the starfish and the fact that licensed aerodromes are now selectable at lower zoom levels.

I also had a problem initially in iPad 1 with ios5 in accessing gps satellites. However, it cleared for me when I.

1. Closed down skydemon
2. Switched off wifi
3. Switched off Bluetooth
4. The switched on Bluetooth and started my gns 5870 gps.
5. Started skydemon, selected go flying and hey presto, it worked, blue aircraft on my house.
6. Remembered to turn on wifi afterwards.

aeroecho
aeroecho
Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)
Hi everyone,

Same problems here on iPad:

1. I cannot display the track of my last flight... it makes SD crashes !
  2. In flight mode, SD is seeking satellites without success, which is the most annoying bug.
Thanks Tim for a quick fix to these two bugs.

Best regards,

julien
Tags
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search