Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Restricted Airspace Information

Author
Steve Turnbull
Too Much Forum (898 reputation)Too Much Forum (898 reputation)Too Much Forum (898 reputation)Too Much Forum (898 reputation)Too Much Forum (898 reputation)Too Much Forum (898 reputation)Too Much Forum (898 reputation)Too Much Forum (898 reputation)Too Much Forum (898 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

A friend of mine is considering buying SkyDemon and asked me to check on my account if it had the correct information for restricted airspace.

The example he gave was Long Lartin just East of Evesham (EGR 204) which has a surface to 2200ft restriction for Helicopters only.

In the desktop version of SkyDemon you can hover the mouse over the restricted area and it has a note "Applies to helicopters only"

In the iPad version, I can't see this note and it shows as a restricted area, even though my plane is not a helicopter!

Am I missing something on the iPad or is it not possible to see the notes for restricted areas?

Is it possible to link restricted areas like this to plane types, in order to only show ones that apply, or perhaps fade out the ones that are not related? If not, perhaps just touching the restricted area to pull up the note?

Must admit, I love SkyDemon, this is only a minor observation :-)

Cheers

Steve
Steve Turnbull
Steve Turnbull
Too Much Forum (898 reputation)Too Much Forum (898 reputation)Too Much Forum (898 reputation)Too Much Forum (898 reputation)Too Much Forum (898 reputation)Too Much Forum (898 reputation)Too Much Forum (898 reputation)Too Much Forum (898 reputation)Too Much Forum (898 reputation)
Apologies, I've just found that by doing a long press on the restricted area I get the notes: "Applies to Helicopters Only"

I guess my request still applies, that could it grey out areas that aren't relevant based on airplane type, but as this is a notes field, probably not?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)
Your assumption is correct I'm afraid. It's very un-straightforward.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search