Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

X-Plane traffic display

Author
j
Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have learned how to use Skydemon in navigation mode using X-Plane. This turned out to be very useful when actually using it in the air. After all, in the air you have a lot to do and you have no time to try all kinds of things with the software. 

What I am missing in Skydemon's view is traffic. I am using 3 kinds of traffic in X-Plane: native X-Plane AI planes, LiveTraffic (from adsbexchange) and IVAO (only one of these at a time). However, I cannot see this traffic in X-Plane. I would like to experience flying with live traffic info as well, as I am thinking of buying a Pilotaware Rosetta.

I understood the traffic protocol of X-Plane is rather simple. Is there any chance Skydemon will support this in the future?

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
jorisr - 2/19/2024 8:36:13 PM
I understand not all planes will be visible on SD in reality, because not all transmit a signal that contains a position and some use an unsupported protocol. And as you wrote because the signal is blocked by some object so doesn't reach the antenna. But for what other reason would it be different than in the simulator?

You said you wanted to get a feel for the 'how far and high the traffic is that you see' from using X-Plane.

I said you wont get a realistic impression as the nature of the traffic itself, your cockpit installation, and the kit you use will all influence what you actually see.

That's all.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
jorisr - 2/17/2024 11:12:54 AM
grahamb - 2/17/2024 11:30:30 AM
jorisr - 2/19/2024 9:11:37 AM
grahamb - 2/19/2024 9:52:14 AM