Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Some German DFS Charts appear to have pictures inside instead of vector graphics

Author
S
Too Much Forum (63 reputation)Too Much Forum (63 reputation)Too Much Forum (63 reputation)Too Much Forum (63 reputation)Too Much Forum (63 reputation)Too Much Forum (63 reputation)Too Much Forum (63 reputation)Too Much Forum (63 reputation)Too Much Forum (63 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
After updating today the DFS AIP charts (paid subscription) I noticed that there were bigger files (around 8-14 MB per chart). When opening i.e. EDNX - Oberschleissheim, it seems that these aren't vector graphics anymore but instead pictures, as you can clearly seen on the below picture from the approach chart ( ~ 7,8MB) with all the compression artefacts. Whereas i.e. the arrival chart (~1,8MB) and apporach chart (~0,6MB) from EDDE - Erfurt is still crisp clear vector graphic.
Was this already all the time, that some charts were pictures? Or might this be a bug ad SD during processing? Or is this part of the DFS "Quality Offensive" to even mock more the paying general aviation?

Best regrads

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Some of the newer documents are poorer quality than we would like. As for whether they are as poor quality as the free version, I cannot comment.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search