Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyEcho 2, GDL90 and Skydemon for PC

Author
col-lucy
Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone has noticed that the PC version of Skydemon reads a different altitude to the Android version when using SkyEcho 2 or other GDL90 data source? I use the PC version of Skydemon when connecting to Flight Simulator 2020, and it also shows the altitude discrepancy. Using SkyEcho at home, the PC version reads 180ft, and the Android version reads 30ft.

I suspect that the Android version is correct and is applying an ellipsoid to geoid correction that the PC version is not. If so, it would be interesting to know what that correction is.

Does anyone have any pearls of wisdom?

Cheers!

Colin Martin

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Are you using the latest version of SkyDemon Plan? This reminds me of a bug that we fixed.
col-lucy
col-lucy
Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 8/10/2021 1:07:43 PM
Are you using the latest version of SkyDemon Plan? This reminds me of a bug that we fixed.

Hi Tim,

I'm showing 3.15.4.0 for the PC version and 3.15.4.2225 for the Android version.

Cheers!

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Could you contact customer support? They will probably have a record of when the bug was fixed and may be able to supply you with a beta.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search