Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

GPS. On ection fails, but how to switch temporarily to local service?

Author
Sfera72
Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
When SkyDemon detects the connection to your device has failed you can choose to temporarily revert to Location Services, so you can keep navigating and logging your flight. When SkyDemon detects your traffic receiver is working again it will automatically switch back.

But how does this work? Today I hab two failure, but no option to switch to local service.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
What do you mean by failure, and what kind of device were you using? What did SkyDemon say?
djbewick
d
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/27/2021 9:55:17 AM
What do you mean by failure, and what kind of device were you using? What did SkyDemon say?

I have a similar question.  I got a "GPS Location Failure" or similar banner when my PAW had a problem, reading between the lines I think to get offered to option to change to location services I should have touched that banner, but that didn't occur to me at the time.  Can anyone confirm this is the right action to take?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
There's a little 'i' button on the banner displayed when your device has gone offline. Touch that and you'll be offered to revert to location services.
chris-bayern
c
Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)
Yesterday I had the same problem. During a flight SkyDemon lost the connection to the SkyEcho2 (the WiFi signal from the SkyEcho2 was not longer available). A green banner with an timer and message was shown. But in flight I didn’t see that ‚i‘ (although I had still roughly remembered this post). Would it be possible to show an button? For both cases? Once the connection goes offline to switch to the internal GPS. And later back if possible?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
It's a button with a question mark in it, on the left-hand side of the green banner. It only appears when SkyDemon is no longer receiving data from your traffic receiver.
Bealeyman
Bealeyman
Too Much Forum (498 reputation)Too Much Forum (498 reputation)Too Much Forum (498 reputation)Too Much Forum (498 reputation)Too Much Forum (498 reputation)Too Much Forum (498 reputation)Too Much Forum (498 reputation)Too Much Forum (498 reputation)Too Much Forum (498 reputation)
I wonder if this happened to me. Just on take off last week, when I was obviously not looking at my mini iPad 4 running the latest the log indicates SD stopped logging, it was ok from off blocks to the hold.
When I turned on route I noticed the IPad was not showing anything so I got SD going and it was ok for the next hour flying.
At home later I checked my PilotAware log, the iPad/SD being connected wirelessly and found the log was complete. So what happened?
I also have 2022 PAW software.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search