Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Manually Editing Pilot Log

Author
N
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Sometimes I want to change the information in a Sky Demon PLOG.  For instance, if there are a lot of frequencies and the PLOG is going to spill over to two pages, I'd like to remove the frequencies I know (like my local airfield) to reduce the amount of text.  There are also times when I want to add information.  I know there are settings to add and remove columns or the whole frequency list, but is there any facility to manually edit a PLOG?  I'm planning on a PC and then using an iPad in the air.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
No, there is no such facility. It's not as easy as it sounds, because although we could in theory allow you to remove frequencies, it wouldn't be clear how to get them back again or if they should come back again when you change your routing, etc.
Neville H
N
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)
Thanks Tim - that makes perfect sense. 
kesundt
kesundt
Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)
Neville H - 5/18/2021 7:18:06 AM
Thanks Tim - that makes perfect sense. 

Hi Tim 
Edit logfile in terms of simple truncate (start and end) is really needed... And should not represent any great difficulty in implementing.
Problem I am having is
- I sometimes forget to hit the "On Blocks",, "Engine OFF" button, thus the logger just carry on recording useless ground acivity.
I really need to remove this.
Is this something that ca be implemented?

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search