Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Georeference Plate Problem

Author
A
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hey,

Firstly I would like to say that SD is amazing.

When I overlay an approach plate over the map (e.g. EDDB Berlin ILS 07L), I notice that the plate does not overlay with the map accurately.

KLF (VOR) on the overlay is more north than where it actually is in real life. That means if I fly to KLF on the overlay, I am actually approx 5nm north of the actual VOR station. But the plate says I am over KLF and when I switch the overlay off, the map shows I am 5nm north.

I'm not sure if this is an error just for that particular plate but I have experienced it with other plates too.
Is there something I am missing?

pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)
This is the classical issue mentioned in the SOP for this forum - please report these errors directly to Skydemon support, not the forum.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)
The plate you mentioned is not to scale. Well, the main part of it is, but there's a clear line break in the track represented on the plate showing that the area with the shaded background is further out than it appears on the map. It's not ideal, but the plate does make it clear if you look at the track that that is what's happening.

As far as I can tell from the graticules surrounding the plate, it's georeferenced into our chart ok.

pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 4/12/2021 8:14:24 AM
The plate you mentioned is not to scale. Well, the main part of it is, but there's a clear line break in the track represented on the plate showing that the area with the shaded background is further out than it appears on the map. It's not ideal, but the plate does make it clear if you look at the track that that is what's happening.

As far as I can tell from the graticules surrounding the plate, it's georeferenced into our chart ok.

Very interesting, I looked at the plate mentioned and it appears to be ok to me too. What I wonder is whether there could be a way to mark the georef'ed part better, such as drawing a blue line on top, as others do?

Daniel_KDF
Daniel_KDF
Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)
I just came across the same problem. Thank you Tim for pointing out that the gray inset is not to scale.
If anyone wonders - this is how it looks like. I was flying the hold depicted at VOR MAH (Maisach).

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search