Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Audio test before flying

Author
M
Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
The audio alerts of runway entry and in-particular traffic from PilotAware are excellent, but I find my wired or bluetooth connection can be unreliable.   

Is there an existing 'Test Audio' button available - ideally when in Navigation mode - so that you can hear if sound is coming thorugh the headset from SkyDemon?   

At the moment, I am choosing Setup > Nav Options > Speech > and swapping voice which plays "an example of how I will sound" which is a bit of a long-winded method.

Any tips?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
You could always enter simulate mode and drag your aircraft close to the boundary of controlled airspace or similar.
Martin1099
M
Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 10/20/2020 8:00:51 AM
You could always enter simulate mode and drag your aircraft close to the boundary of controlled airspace or similar.

Yes, I can see that would work... To help with audio reliability, given the propensity for both audio leads and bluetooth to fail, I would still prefer a Zoom or Skype like 'Test Audio' that repeats an audio pattern, enabling you to set up volumes.

This would help troubleshoot / check audio in a variety of radio scenarios, including squelch setting / talk on frequency / cockpit noise, which all impact what I hear through my Lightspeed Zulu headset...

lmamane
l
Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)
Martin1099 - 10/16/2020 9:35:20 PM
The audio alerts of runway entry and in-particular traffic from PilotAware are excellent, but I find my wired or bluetooth connection can be unreliable.   

Is there an existing 'Test Audio' button available - ideally when in Navigation mode - so that you can hear if sound is coming thorugh the headset from SkyDemon?   

At the moment, I am choosing Setup > Nav Options > Speech > and swapping voice which plays "an example of how I will sound" which is a bit of a long-winded method.

Any tips?

Go into navigation options, voice; just select the same voice again. The voice will present itself by name with a phrase like "My name is Kate/Samantha/... (enhanced). This is a sample of how I will sound".

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search