Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Xmas present wish list

Author
Clive
Too Much Forum (364 reputation)Too Much Forum (364 reputation)Too Much Forum (364 reputation)Too Much Forum (364 reputation)Too Much Forum (364 reputation)Too Much Forum (364 reputation)Too Much Forum (364 reputation)Too Much Forum (364 reputation)Too Much Forum (364 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Things I’d like to see which have never been added after all these years:
When pinging airfield tab the main freq and airfield height are shown against the airfield name, this would save further screen changes to fond them out.
When pinging the Radio tab the destination main freq is top of the list.
When pinging ‘direct to’ the original destination is top of the list. This enables resetting the route easily when you’ve been bumbling and you decide it’s time to head to where you want to go.
Merging logs works even when ‘the flight appears to start from a takeoff’ and so logs interrupted by circuits and low passes can be merged. Or logs don’t automatically stop and start when you go near or onto the ground.
I use SlyD extensively all over and the lack of these features has always bugged me.
Version 3.14.6.278
Thanks for reading, have a good festive.....;-))
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
Clive - 12/22/2020 6:28:46 AM
Merging logs works even when ‘the flight appears to start from a takeoff’ and so logs interrupted by circuits and low passes can be merged. 

Even more irritating is when SD loses position, for whatever reason, when you are enroute and near the overhead of an airfield below. You can't merge the two halves of the broken track, as it insists you've landed and taken off again. A quick parse of the altitude would show that one doesn't take off and land 3500' feet above the airfield!

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
I don't think SkyDemon takes proximity to an airfield into account when determining whether a route was broken in flight or not.

This forum isn't the best for a wish-list (that would be Suggestions). I can move it there if you like, as it's more likely to get input from other customers there.

pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)
Ok, I'll give it a try to comment. I second to move this to suggestions!

Things I’d like to see which have never been added after all these years:
When pinging airfield tab the main freq and airfield height are shown against the airfield name, this would save further screen changes to fond them out.

Adding ELEVB and RADIO to the Favorites at the Airfields tab directly gets my +1.

When pinging the Radio tab the destination main freq is top of the list.

I can see how this could be useful on a tablet, but not on a small smartphone screen. I like the current logics of NOW, by DIST, DEST much better.

When pinging ‘direct to’ the original destination is top of the list. This enables resetting the route easily when you’ve been bumbling and you decide it’s time to head to where you want to go.

Never had a check there. Am I correct top of the list is always the home base? Iy any change, I'd prefer the favorites on top and not something from current root. You can always tap the airfield and do a direct to there, but direct-to-flying is kind of sloppy anyways. Your request seems to address a special way you do your flights. I would rather see a 'resume' or 'back to filed route' function similar to intercept procedures in IFR and that will bring you back to your flight plan of waypoints, not directs.

Merging logs works even when ‘the flight appears to start from a takeoff’ and so logs interrupted by circuits and low passes can be merged. Or logs don’t automatically stop and start when you go near or onto the ground.

Never had that issue. Yes, if logs are too far away in time from each other you cannot merge in Skydemon, but you simply can do that outside by cut&paste. But, what for?

I use SlyD extensively all over and the lack of these features has always bugged me.
Version 3.14.6.278
Thanks for reading, have a good festive.....;-))

Enjoy a healthy christmas and see you in suggestions box thereafter!
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
I have to say though, I have plenty of examples where doing a flight with multiple low approaches and go-arounds, or touch and goes, is only recorded as one flight. A full stop and backtrack might be recorded as two though.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
That's how I would expect it to work. If you ever get two logs that you think should be merged but SkyDemon won't do it, send them to us for analysis so we can check the algorithm. Currently it has some sort of time threshold and also a speed threshold IIRC.
Clive
Clive
Too Much Forum (364 reputation)Too Much Forum (364 reputation)Too Much Forum (364 reputation)Too Much Forum (364 reputation)Too Much Forum (364 reputation)Too Much Forum (364 reputation)Too Much Forum (364 reputation)Too Much Forum (364 reputation)Too Much Forum (364 reputation)
Appreciate the feedback.
The radio tab doesn’t have the destination frequency until you are in top of it. Just a big list so you need to ‘find’ it.
Why not make it generally available at all times? Why would I want my home Airfield freq at all? I know what it is I imagine most people do. I also remember all my favourites, it’s new destinations I don’t know.
Does the logging algorithm have a minimum height? That might explain why my logs get split up. Flying in Norfolk? My home airfield is at 60’ they also get split up if I beat someone’s house up.
Why join the logs up? Cause it’s what I copy into my logbook. Not a flight in a few bits.
Why is ‘direct to’ sloppy? Do you always know where you are going? I often go flying and make it up. I rarely plan a local flight, why would I, I have SkyD.
‘I can see why that would be useful on a tablet but not a phone’
I always use a small iPhone, for everything. The tablet is for my passenger to look at, and PAW, and backup.
Tim, you can move this where you like, just thought I might stimulate a wish list. Obviously some folk like to tell me I’m wrong, it is my wish list so I can’t be can I.
Regards Clive

Amir Parsian
Amir Parsian
Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)
A little bit too late but support for my country is what I am wishing for this year BigGrin
Edited 1/7/2021 8:59:46 AM by Amir Parsian
Clive
Clive
Amir Parsian - 1/7/2021 8:44:42 AM
A little bit too late but support for my country is what I am wishing for this year BigGrin

Whereabouts are you Amir? 
Regards, Clive

Amir Parsian
Amir Parsian
Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)
Clive - 1/7/2021 9:11:37 AM
Amir Parsian - 1/7/2021 8:44:42 AM

Whereabouts are you Amir? 
Regards, Clive

Hi Clive,
Middle East - Iran 

Edited 1/7/2021 11:44:45 AM by Amir Parsian
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login