Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Data lost from display

Author
C
Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Something I've seen happening is that much of the map data vanishes.  Raods, railways, rivers, urban areas, circuit patterns, noise abatement areas etc.  These ae all enabled.  I got them back by logging off, powering off my iPad, turning it on, restarting and logging on.  That's more than I will do in flight and even away from home I may not have an internet connection.
Could we have an option to reload everything that's easier to do please.
version 3.13.6.238.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)
I'm afraid I don't recognise the problem you're seeing. If we don't know what is happening we cannot give you an option to restore it; much better to figure out what's going wrong and then simply fix it. Perhaps you could attach a screenshot showing what SkyDemon looks like when this happens?
Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
I went flying a few days ago and was studying the SD map I was using/following (SD1).
I am very familiar with the local area and noticed a major road  (A34) that I was flying along was missing on the SD map.
I checked the SD settings (while flying) and found roads etc. were unchecked. I definitely hadn't done that.

I wonder if SD, during an update, failed to save previous user selections?
I use Android on a Samsung S8 smartphone.V 3.13.6.18418
Tony

ChrisRowland
C
Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)
All the roads and features were enabled and disabling and reenabling then didn't help.
It's happened several times before, both on the iPad and on my Android phone.

When it happens again I'll try to get a screen shot but it's rather as is only the first few layers of information is shown.

Hannah suggested deleting the map and reloading it and that works but requires an internet connection.  Another way seems to be to power off the iPad, then restart it and SD.
I found that the airfield specific circuit diagram and noise sensitive areas were also not displayed.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search