Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Improvement request Weight & Balance

Author
Daniel_KDF
Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Two issues I am experiencing with the PC version of Skydemon when using Weight & Balance:

- Loss of all Loading Point data when creating a new route
Often I enter the loading point data first and then I start creating a route. Creating a route resets all loading point data. This is very annoying for airplanes with lots of loading points. Even hitting SAVE before creating the route does not help.

- Unreadable loading calculation with off-grid data
The W&B result chart only scales to the boundaries of the load lines (load limits). If the actual loading point is outside these lines, its position and the annotated takeoff weight is unreadable. Even if the actual loading point is inside the load lines, the max fuel point might not be visible.The diagram should always scale so all data is visible.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Hello Daniel. The first issue is by design; Create Route is designed to start a new plan. It is intentional that all details including loading points are therefore wiped. Nothing springs to mind as a straightforward workaround for this except that you can zoom out and change your route by dragging, which will not affect the loading point data.

Could you post a screenshot of the less-than-ideal W&B graph output? Is it better on a mobile device?

Daniel_KDF
Daniel_KDF
Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)
Here is the load diagram on my PC:

Left side: Overloaded airplane - but I have no idea, what the calculated weight and CoG is.
Right side: I can now read the Takeoff weight and CoG, but I have no idea how far out the Full Fuel point actually is.

2nd example: A fully legal load diagram, however even there the calculated CoG printout is omitted and only the calculated TOW is shown.

The same happens on my Ipad, however the actual numbers for off-scale are a bit different.

Edited 6/1/2020 3:47:42 PM by Daniel_KDF
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Thanks, you make a good point. We've added lines to the PC version (for the next release) that show the takeoff and landing mass and CoG independently of the graph, to help in cases where label positioning can't achieve display of both on the graph. We will post a PC beta later today so you can try it and see if it helps.
Daniel_KDF
Daniel_KDF
Tim Dawson - 6/2/2020 12:06:50 PM
Thanks, you make a good point. We've added lines to the PC version (for the next release) that show the takeoff and landing mass and CoG independently of the graph, to help in cases where label positioning can't achieve display of both on the graph. We will post a PC beta later today so you can try it and see if it helps.

Much appreciated! Thank you, Tim.

Daniel_KDF
Daniel_KDF
Just checked your latest beta.
I think adding these two lines is an easy fix and works fine for me.
Thanks again Smile

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search