Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

LSGG ATIS frequency doesn't come up in radio tab

Author
alexis.hellen@gmail.com
Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello, 
Yesterday night while flying into LSGG, the radio tab didn't show the ATIS frequency (see prt scr) while this information is in the Approach Information field. Is there a setting I need to change somewhere? 
Cheers,
Alexis

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
alexis.hellen@gmail.com - 5/21/2020 7:52:48 AM
Hello, 
Yesterday night while flying into LSGG, the radio tab didn't show the ATIS frequency (see prt scr) while this information is in the Approach Information field. Is there a setting I need to change somewhere? 
Cheers,
Alexis

If you look elsewhere (e.g. the PLOG or the 'What's Here' popup) the ATIS frequencies are shown as 135.580 and 124.755, so the problem is not they are missing, but that in the Radio tab they are labelled as 'Information' and not ATIS. 

alexis.hellen@gmail.com
alexis.hellen@gmail.com
Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)
grahamb - 5/21/2020 9:54:26 AM
Hello, 
Cheers,
Alexis

If you look elsewhere (e.g. the PLOG or the 'What's Here' popup) the ATIS frequencies are shown as 135.580 and 124.755, so the problem is not they are missing, but that in the Radio tab they are labelled as 'Information' and not ATIS. 

Well spotted grahamb, that is absolutely correct. Thanks.

alexis.hellen@gmail.com
alexis.hellen@gmail.com
alexis.hellen@gmail.com - 5/21/2020 6:09:10 PM
grahamb - 5/21/2020 9:54:26 AM
Hello, 
Cheers,
Alexis

Well spotted grahamb, that is absolutely correct. Thanks.

What puzzled me is the fact that in the LSGG FIR, the service is called Geneva Information, which is the same name used for the ATIS in the SD Radio Tab. 

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
I agree it would be more helpful if we simply showed ATIS here, so we will make that change for the next version.
alexis.hellen@gmail.com
alexis.hellen@gmail.com
Tim Dawson - 5/26/2020 9:24:26 AM
I agree it would be more helpful if we simply showed ATIS here, so we will make that change for the next version.

ThanksTim for changing this. 
On the other hand, now there are two frequencies that are called ATIS: from what I gathered getting the web, the "standard" one is 135.580 whereas the other one send to be a glider dedicated ATIS. 

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
I will ask my colleague if there is anything we can do about this.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
We've added a note to the frequency for gliders, hopefully this will make things clearer with the next chart update.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search