Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Traffic radar

Author
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks, we have bumped up the allowable screen size for the next version.
Maverix
M
Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 3/17/2020 10:58:51 AM

@Tim
Thanks for your help and your quick reaction.

I would like to use my tablet for the SD moving map and my smartphone for the SD traffic radar.
Is there an output of traffic voice alerts on the smartphone? And other voice alerts on the tablet?
I guess that there are no bearingless target circles on the traffic radar?

Regards
Kai

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)
SkyDemon voice alerts are available on all iOS and Android devices with speech capability.

Traffic radar does not show bearingless targets.

TimT
TimT
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
Maverix - 3/18/2020 5:47:43 AM
Tim Dawson - 3/17/2020 10:58:51 AM

@Tim
Thanks for your help and your quick reaction.

I would like to use my tablet for the SD moving map and my smartphone for the SD traffic radar.
Is there an output of traffic voice alerts on the smartphone? And other voice alerts on the tablet?
I guess that there are no bearingless target circles on the traffic radar?

Regards
Kai

Also there doesn't really seem to be the need to generate the different voice alerts from different devices. In your scenario where you use your tablet for navigation and show the traffic radar on your phone screen, you could could still have either one of your two devices generate both voice alerts for traffic, and other alerts, e.g., airspace warnings. The warnings will be the same, regardless which device is generating the voice alerts.

So unless you want to route the two types of voice alerts to different end devices (e.g., send traffic warnings via Bluetooth to your audio panel, and send airspace warnings via Bluetooth (or cable) to the pilot's headset only, I can't see the benefit of gnerating voice alerts on both devices at the same time.

Am I missing your point?

TimT
TimT
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 3/16/2020 2:29:57 PM
We can look at adjusting the threshold where the fullscreen display is allowed instead of the embedded one. What are the dimensions of your phone screen visible area in mm?

What we need it the ability to resize (and freely position) the traffic radar window on the tablet computer. Similar to what can be done with the Direction Indicator "instrument" in SD.

(By implication, that would allow to have the traffic radar fill the entire screen, if somebody wishes to do so on their smaller devices.)

Maverix
M
Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)
I would like to use my Galaxy S8 as a full radar screen, but there never appears a radar window nor a button to start the full radar screen....

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)
Maverix - 6/17/2020 5:45:05 PM
I would like to use my Galaxy S8 as a full radar screen, but there never appears a radar window nor a button to start the full radar screen....

Traffic radar is only visible either on the main chart (larger devices) or on a separate screen (smaller devices) if SD is receiving data from a traffic detecting device. 

If you don't see it at the right hand end of the virtual radar, try touching the SkyDemon icon top left. The pop-up menu should include 'Traffic' as an option, 

Best place to test it is in simulation mode.

Maverix
M
Thanks for your reply.

I tested but whether a radar windows nor a Traffic option appears. 

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)
Maverix - 6/17/2020 6:31:36 PM
Thanks for your reply.

Did you spawn any traffic in simulator mode? I forgot to mention that. :-(

Maverix
M
grahamb - 6/17/2020 6:38:51 PM
Maverix - 6/17/2020 6:31:36 PM
Thanks for your reply.

Did you spawn any traffic in simulator mode? I forgot to mention that. :-(

Okay, when I spawn traffic I can see the Traffic option and get the full screen radar. 

The radar window in the virtual radar still does not appear. 

Thanks. 

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search