Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Traffic radar

Author
M
Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,
I'm not able to find the traffic button on my Samsung Galaxy S8.
Where can I find the button?
Thanks.

Maverix
M
Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)
Maverix - 3/1/2020 8:59:44 AM
Hi,
I'm not able to find the traffic button on my Samsung Galaxy S8.
Where can I find the button?
Thanks.

@Tim
Where can I find the traffic button?

DaveWhite
DaveWhite
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
There is no button. When you are connected to an external traffic sensing system such as PilotAware or SkyEcho, you will see traffic on the map and also the small "radar screen" will appear on the lower right of your device's screen.

Set up SkyDemon under the Settings menu: "Third Party Devices" and "Navigation Options - Other Traffic".  More detailed info in the manual, unsurprisingly.

Edited 3/14/2020 1:04:07 PM by DaveWhite
Maverix
M
DaveWhite - 3/14/2020 1:02:19 PM
There is no button - when you are connected to an external traffic sensing system such as PilotAware or SkyEcho, you will see traffic on the map and also the small "radar screen" will appear on the lower right of your device's screen.

Set up SkyDemon under the Settings menu: "Third Party Devices" and "Navigation Options - Other Traffic".  More detailed info in the manual, unsurprisingly.

Hi Dave,

thanks for your reply.

I understood that there should be an option on smartphones to show a radar screen instead of the moving map.

DaveWhite
DaveWhite
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
Ah.  From p89 of the Manual:

If you have a smartphone running SkyDemon, the Traffic Radar
might not be displayed automatically in the corner of the screen
(this depends on the screen size), but instead it can be viewed as
a full-screen display, which you might like to use as a complement to the normal map view on your
main tablet. To bring up the full-screen Traffic instrument on your phone just open the main
navigation menu by tapping the blue SkyDemon icon in the top left-hand corner of the screen, then
choose ‘Traffic’.

Although that option isn't appearing in "Simulator" Mode (with spawned traffic) on my Samsung S10.  

Presumably because the Traffic Radar is appearing automatically in the lower right.

Edited 3/14/2020 1:20:38 PM by DaveWhite
Maverix
M
DaveWhite - 3/14/2020 1:19:58 PM
Ah.  From p89 of the Manual:

If you have a smartphone running SkyDemon, the Traffic Radar
might not be displayed automatically in the corner of the screen
(this depends on the screen size), but instead it can be viewed as
a full-screen display, which you might like to use as a complement to the normal map view on your
main tablet. To bring up the full-screen Traffic instrument on your phone just open the main
navigation menu by tapping the blue SkyDemon icon in the top left-hand corner of the screen, then
choose ‘Traffic’.

Although that option isn't appearing in "Simulator" Mode (with spawned traffic) on my Samsung S10.  

Presumably because the Traffic Radar is appearing automatically in the lower right.

I think it depends on the resolution of the smartphone display. Maybe the display of my S8 is too large.
It would be very nice if the full screen radar could be started on every smartphone.

DaveWhite
DaveWhite
If your data source for traffic  is PilotAware Classic or Rosetta you can use their "Radar Screen" to do what I think you want, rather than SkyDemon's. CLICK HERE

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)
We can look at adjusting the threshold where the fullscreen display is allowed instead of the embedded one. What are the dimensions of your phone screen visible area in mm?
Maverix
M
Tim Dawson - 3/16/2020 2:29:57 PM
We can look at adjusting the threshold where the fullscreen display is allowed instead of the embedded one. What are the dimensions of your phone screen visible area in mm?

Samsung Galaxy S8
132 x 65 mm
144 mm diagonal

Thanks in advance.

BobD
BobD
Too Much Forum (517 reputation)Too Much Forum (517 reputation)Too Much Forum (517 reputation)Too Much Forum (517 reputation)Too Much Forum (517 reputation)Too Much Forum (517 reputation)Too Much Forum (517 reputation)Too Much Forum (517 reputation)Too Much Forum (517 reputation)
There is some information about the radar screen size & position at the tail end of this PAW thread, which may be helpful.

Edited 3/17/2020 9:53:05 AM by BobD
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search