Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Czech Republic AUP/UUP "live" data in SkyDemon

Author
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
The airspace shown in the SkyDemon Czechia chart is sourced from AIP Czechia, and appears to be correct. It looks the same as that site you linked to. Ensure your decluttering controls are set correctly if you're not seeing higher-level airspace.

If you have a specific mismatch you're concerned about, please let us know.

Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)
The declutter is off. A picture from the AIP (VFR Manual) with rasterized ICAO chart:
It also can be found in the ENR 6.3.1 and 6.3.3 section.

The author of this thread is already mentioned that it would be really great if you could implement information about temporary restricted airspace which is published in advance (24 hrs before it will be effective and at least 1 hr before any change) in textual form here, but it also can be viewed graphically here (tick the clock for tomorrow from 06:00Z).

I also want to mention that a quality of downloadable images (charts) from SD is very bad compare to the source information.
Perhaps it's made as a low traffic consumption feature to download them in-flight with unreliable mobile connection, but you can make it optional for people who would like to get an original high quality picture.

Edited 2/27/2020 6:14:46 PM by 177
Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)
Also, there are no information about additional parachute/hang glider zones across the country. This information is somewhat hidden and not clearly presented in the AIP (check §5.5.3.1.1) and can be found on the AisView flight map (click 'Detail' and check 'PG') and Czech ICAO half-mil chart (a link to the chart can be found here).

And another bug - SD doesn't depicts PGZ (paragliding zones, listed in the AIP §5.5.3.2) boundaries in the plan-view, although they're visible in the vertical cut section.

Edited 2/28/2020 8:57:37 AM by 177
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
This thread was started to talk about one topic and is getting confusing as you're attempting to discuss more than one other subject. Please could we keep it to the original topic from now on?

I've investigated your comments about airspace. As far as I can see, SkyDemon is showing sporting airspace according to the official Czech AIP. The parachute dropzones are appearing correctly. There is no mention of a Klinovec parachute dropzone in ENR 5.5.

The current version of SkyDemon does not show a border around winch launch activities.

I can see a table of "TRA GA" in ENR 5.5 which we do not appear to be including, I will ask my colleague what our policy is regarding those areas.

There is no mention of a Klinovec parachute dropzone in ENR 5.5.

The AIP refers to the ICAO 1:500k chart ( #2 , underlined with red on the screenshot below) and these areas can only be found there, as well as on the AisView map. Klinovec is not the only PG-area, there are many others. I would really appreciate if you can add all of them.

The DFS commercial chart also depicts them. A screenshot from the Garmin Pilot app:

Why not to use this free information for your advantage? Too much information is better, than not enough (especially when the view settings are customizable in the SD).

Edited 3/2/2020 5:32:40 PM by 177
dcoquelet
d
Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)
177 - 2/26/2020 5:32:49 PM
Can you revise Czechian airspace by referencing to the AisView ?

It's missing some of the airspace boundaries such as TRA GA and other types. Even free projects like the OFM depicts these borders on their maps:

Same issue as recently already mentioned in the "Charts and Aeronautical Data" section for TRA-GA Letnany 1N & 1S...

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Actually, when charts show something that is not in the AIP, it usually means there is an error on the chart. I will ask my colleague to liaise with AIS Czechia to ascertain the status of symbols like Klinovec.
Tim Dawson - 3/3/2020 10:00:18 AM
Actually, when charts show something that is not in the AIP, it usually means there is an error on the chart. I will ask my colleague to liaise with AIS Czechia to ascertain the status of symbols like Klinovec.

Thanks! But what about bad image quality when charts are downloaded via the SD?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
That is because the producers of the images have chosen to reduce the quality when packaging them into PDFs for distribution via the EAD PAMS system, which is what we license in order to provide these to you within SkyDemon.
krasnall
k
Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)
Another vote for live AUP/UUP data in Skydemon, especially for Poland.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search