Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Sion LSGS circuits

Author
BearLS
Too Much Forum (343 reputation)Too Much Forum (343 reputation)Too Much Forum (343 reputation)Too Much Forum (343 reputation)Too Much Forum (343 reputation)Too Much Forum (343 reputation)Too Much Forum (343 reputation)Too Much Forum (343 reputation)Too Much Forum (343 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,
I would like to make some comments on the circuits of LSGS.

On the circuit on the map, the circuit altitudes of the circuit pattern are missing.
For multi engine ACFT RWY 07 and RWY 25 it is 4000ft, for single engine ACFT RWY 07 it is 3000 ft and RWY 25 it is 2700ft.

The two arrival/departures north of the field (marked in orange) are helicopter routes NOT multi engine routes.

You have far too many ‘multi engine’ routes in your map (marked in yellow). They are NOT ‘multi engine’ routes. On the VAC the are also drawn in black but the line is much thinner (see VAC). They are general arrival/departure routes.

The approach via E2 is NOT a continuous line towards N. At E2 you will get either a straight in RWY 25 or you have to continue to N depending on traffic.

For fixed-wing aircrafts at E2 MNM is 3000ft for helicopters MNM is 2500ft. That's all for VAC LSGS.

Regards

BearLS

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)
Thanks, I will ask my colleague to look into this. The two routes drawn to the north are not marked as multi-engine routes, though I agree they should be marked as helicopter. We do have correct circuit level information, check the Approach Information window. I believe it isn't being annotated on the map because there isn't room for the text.
BearLS
BearLS
Too Much Forum (343 reputation)Too Much Forum (343 reputation)Too Much Forum (343 reputation)Too Much Forum (343 reputation)Too Much Forum (343 reputation)Too Much Forum (343 reputation)Too Much Forum (343 reputation)Too Much Forum (343 reputation)Too Much Forum (343 reputation)
Thanks.
The colour coding is not easily understandable. In general the helicopter routes are cyan/blue (?) and the multi engine routes are magenta/pink (?), at least for LSGS. The routes marked in yellow are magenta/pink, not cyan/blue. The manual did not help me. The 'circuit key' on page 97 is not really helpful. I had checked the manual before writing the post. Can you help me? 

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)
You may wish to contact our support, who also write the documentation.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search