Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Suggestion to improve the Search/Direct-To dialog ....

Author
drnicolas
Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Tapping Direct-To in Menu during flight opens the according dialog-box with a sorted list of waypoints nearby.
So far, so good.
Normally, i do not want to go to one of the listed waypoints, but need to search for a waypoint.
To do this, i have to tap "search" and then enter the waypoint or parts of its name.

I would like to see the search-textbox right in the direct-to dialogue with the cursor already positioned in the text box.
IMHO, this can optimize the typical "workflow" for going direct-to somewhere.
It should be easy to change the behaviour of SD. It does not really add a new function

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
I am not clear: are you using the Direct To option from under the main menu, or simply clicking the new Find tool at the top of the screen? The latter has been specifically designed to be fast to use requiring a minimum of touches.
drnicolas
drnicolas
Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)
Thank you for your answer.

I am talking of "direct-to" while in Flight-mode.
In planning mode, I have the "magnifying-glass"-symbol on the task-bar (correct wording?). That's where also the house-symbol is, the settings-symbol and so on.

In Flight-mode, I have to tap the blue Skydemon-globe, then direct-to, then search.
Having the textbox I mentioned in the orginal posting on the main screen would be even better for the workflow - I think.

Renzo
R
Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)
Hi drnicolas and Tim,

in my opinion „dr‘s“ suggestion would be a good improvement to that „direct to“ dialogue. It saves one step in entering the new destination. Drnicolas, did you by the way know that you can open that „direct to-dialogue“ straight with a long tap on the blue SD-dot while in flying mode?

Best regards,
Renzo
drnicolas
drnicolas
Renzo - 1/15/2020 10:53:44 AM
Hi drnicolas and Tim,in my opinion „dr‘s“ suggestion would be a good improvement to that „direct to“ dialogue. It saves one step in entering the new destination. Drnicolas, did you by the way know that you can open that „direct to-dialogue“ straight with a long tap on the blue SD-dot while in flying mode? Best regards,Renzo

No -completely new for me.
Nevertheless, it does not change my suggestion from the original posting.
I think, this would be easy to achieve.

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)
Did you know that you can search for a waypoint from the main screen whilst flying? Just tap on the magnifying glass icon to the left of the position report area near the top of the screen. When you have found your waypoint, you are presented with several options, one of which is Route Direct.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
I suspect the reason for drnicolas's post is because he/she hasn't seen the new search tool on the main screen in flying mode.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search