Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Appearance of georeferenced Aerodrome Charts

Author
R
Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Forum,

I just tested several approaches with X-plane because I wanted to find out the moment when the georeferenced aerodrome chart appears as overlay. I found out that it doesnt´t appear automatically here on my iPhone. It only does when I recall the chart manually with a tip on the blue symbol but the it starts overlaying in a wide zoom angle and "north up". Then, I have to select "follow position" and (for me the best) "track up". But the zoom is still quite wide.

Did I miss the setting where I can set up those things as default? In my dreams the georeferenced aerodrome chart appears as soon I touch the runway and not when I leave the runway. I think, I need the informations concerning taxiways etc before leaving the rwy.  Somehow I think that I can remember that this worked already - but I may be wrong anyhow and it is just a missing setup on my SkyDemon. BTW: I switched on "Track up", "Follow Position" and "Auto Zoom" by default for regular navigation. And: I switched on "Show georeferenced Charts automatically".

Can anybody help me out of my darkness?

Greetings,
Renzo

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)
Georeferenced aerodrome charts appear when you land, but only if they're downloaded, and only if there's only one available (so there is no ambiguity about which to load), and only if vector mapping for the airfield isn't available.

You can always load them manually if you want them.

Edited 1/13/2020 10:56:12 AM by Tim Dawson
Renzo
R
Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 1/13/2020 10:55:17 AM
Georeferenced aerodrome charts appear when you land, but only if they're downloaded, and only if there's only one available (so there is no ambiguity about which to load), and only if vector mapping for the airfield isn't available.

You can always load them manually if you want them.

Hi Tim,
these are points I know well.
But: wouldn´t it be possible to choose which information should be used by default after touching down? I much more prefer (and need!) the georeferenced aerodrome-charts as they contain a lot more important information like description where facilities are (fuel-station, GAT, exits, specific info concerning the apron, bounderies) That is, by the way, the reason why I purchase them. The vectorized information is perfect that we basically have it but the info there is rather reduced compared to the "original charts". Much more detailed and important to use are in my opinion the paid aerodrome-charts.

If wishes would be free:
- the ability in SD to choose by default wether the georeferenced aerodrome chart shall appear or not
- the ability to select a certain zoomlevel on which the appearing chart starts (usually the zoomlevel should be quite high as the informaton written on the chart is small)
- the ability to save the setting for aerodrome charts by default that they popup with the same settings like I had before while approaching. In my tests e.g. I approached with "auto zoom", "follow position" and "track up". After recalling the aerodrome-chart manually it was "north up", "follow position" was off. So I had to change the setting while taxiing on a unknown airfield.
- the ability that the chart appears as soon as possible after landing - not after leaving the taxiway.

Thanks for thinking about this, Tim.
Renzo

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)
Thanks, we'll note your suggestions.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search