Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

FIR and ACC/FIS borders in Italy

Poll
FIR and ACC/FIS borders in Italy

Author
giannisd
Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Probably there are some errors in the Milano FIR.
PLEASE NOTE:  the borders between FIR does not correspond always to the borders of ACC/FIC.
1) Milano FIR is divided in 2 FIC/ACC: Milano and Padova.
Milano FIC is further divided in 2 area: North and South of Po river, each have different FIS Freq. 124.925 in the North and 128.925 in the South.  In your map the division between Milano North and South FIC is missed therefore the FIS Freq. of the South area (128.925) does not pop-up when you touch the screen in that area.
2) Milano CTA zone 1 is a single area not 2 area divided along the route M858.
3) the border between Milano ACC/FIC and Roma ACC/FIC is not correct.
4) the border between Padova ACC/FIC and Roma ACC/FIC is not correct.
5) the border between Rome ACC/FIC and Brindisi ACC/FIC is not correct.

best regards,
Gianni

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
We are aware that the FIC borders in Italy do not correspond with FIR borders. However they are both defined in AIP Italy ENR 2.1.

I will ask my colleague to check the data; what are you using as your reference to make you believe that in SkyDemon the areas are misdefined?

Many thanks

giannisd
giannisd
Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 10/24/2019 12:42:51 PM
We are aware that the FIC borders in Italy do not correspond with FIR borders. However they are both defined in AIP Italy ENR 2.1.

I will ask my colleague to check the data; what are you using as your reference to make you believe that in SkyDemon the areas are misdefined?

Many thanks

I use either the ENR 6.1.1 and 6.3 VFR maps published on AIP, on 6.3 VFR maps you will find a black line box with the 2 Freq. N and S.               
Go to Italian AIP (https://www.enav.it/sites/private/it/ServiziOnline/ENR.html), open with Adobe reader the 6.1-1,  you can use the Layer Menu to make visible or not visible each layer, since layer are divided by CTA, TMA, FIR/UIR/ACC is easy to recognise each areas. 
Now look your maps like Padova ACC/FIS,  the informations are correct regarding NW and SE. If you touch the screen on each of these area, the pop-up panel came out with correct Freq and yellow border are visible for the 2 areas.

Try to touch the screen of your maps in an area of Milano ACC/FIC,  in any point, but North of the Po river,  you will find the FIS Freq, but the yellow border show the CTA 1 area not the ACC/FIS area divided in 2 area, (actually the CTA 1 is a single area).

Now try to touch an area south of Po river i.e on land or even on a sea,  no pop-up info come out nor the Freq. and no yellow border is shown.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Thanks, we will investigate this and come back to you.
giannisd
giannisd
giannisd - 10/24/2019 1:25:04 PM
Tim Dawson - 10/24/2019 12:42:51 PM

Many thanks

I use either the ENR 6.1.1 and 6.3 VFR maps published on AIP, on 6.3 VFR maps you will find a black line box with the 2 Freq. N and S.               
Go to Italian AIP (https://www.enav.it/sites/private/it/ServiziOnline/ENR.html), open with Adobe reader the 6.1-1,  you can use the Layer Menu to make visible or not visible each layer, since layer are divided by CTA, TMA, FIR/UIR/ACC is easy to recognise each areas. 
Now look your maps like Padova ACC/FIS,  the informations are correct regarding NW and SE. If you touch the screen on each of these area, the pop-up panel came out with correct Freq and yellow border are visible for the 2 areas.

Try to touch the screen of your maps in an area of Milano ACC/FIC,  in any point, but North of the Po river,  you will find the FIS Freq, but the yellow border show the CTA 1 area not the ACC/FIS area divided in 2 area, (actually the CTA 1 is a single area).

Now try to touch an area south of Po river i.e on land or even on a sea,  no pop-up info come out nor the Freq. and no yellow border is shown.

Tim Dawson - 10/25/2019 9:10:04 AM

Tim good day,
1) I expected a response from October regarding the Southern area of Milano FIS.  When will you include it on the map with the correct frequency 128.925 ?
2) The Northern area of Milano FIS is an entire area not 3 as it appears on your map, could you amend and make it as an entire area. ? Frequency 124.925,  I confirm, is correct: 

best regards,
Gianni

giannisd
giannisd
Tim Dawson - 10/25/2019 9:10:04 AM

Tim, I apologize ! 
delete my last message of today, I update the map and found what I was looking for !
Excellent job, now Milano FIS N & S is correct.
best regards and happy 10 years SD birthday.
Gianni 

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Thanks Gianni.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search