Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Feedback from moderator

Author
D
Too Much Forum (82 reputation)Too Much Forum (82 reputation)Too Much Forum (82 reputation)Too Much Forum (82 reputation)Too Much Forum (82 reputation)Too Much Forum (82 reputation)Too Much Forum (82 reputation)Too Much Forum (82 reputation)Too Much Forum (82 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have noticed that a number of suggestions in this topic area get a feedback from moderator, but not all (including 1 that I have put forward). 
Furthermore, I see a continuing flow of good improvements in SD however only a few that I can recall from either this topic or from facebook.

As I (off course) think my proposal is highly relevant, it is less motivating not to get any feedback whether I am completely off-track or it (might) will be taken into consideration. I do not expect a resume but a simple response like 'No bloody way!', 'Hmm, that sounds interesting' or something in the between would be nice.
I know that it might be a trade secret, but it would be awesome to know what was in the pipeline for the future as I highly appreciate all your work.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
If I have no personal opinion on a suggestion, I simply wait for other people to weigh in to see what they all think about it. We hardly ever change anything about the product without a significant weight of pilots behind the request. I hope that helps explain what happens here in this particular forum.
TimT
TimT
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
Hi Tim, I think you understate a bit your own leadership and vision here :-)   I'd venture so say that many of the best features in SD were not added on "popular request". Conversely, many highly popular topics you rightly dismiss as not in line with the vision or positioning of the product.

I am sure in reality you are not necessarily discounting all ideas that don't immediately get the popular vote. We all remember Steve Jobs famous statement:

People don't know what they want until you show it to them

OK, enough flattery for today

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Thanks Tim, I suppose a more accurate statement would be that we implement features that we believe in or have invented, and features that lots of pilots tell us they want (where we can justify the cost).
emporer
e
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
Hi Tim,
there are many suggestions in the forum for SD-modifications/improvements.
Very often you comment and reject ideas because there is not enough interest of other users for a specific feature.

Just out of curiosity I have some questions :
-How many SD-users do you have in 2019 and 2016
-How many users participate in the forum; split up for Germany, GB
-If ideas are discussed in 2019 and rejected because they were discussed before, maybe new SD-users would like to discuss it again since SD-community is growing I suppose.
-Are you more/mostly focused on GB SD-users/forum-participants to implement there requests?
-What/where is the best way to discuss feature requests, to whom should they be addressed,
I tried it in the forum and at AERO-exhibition in Friedrichshafen several times but I get tired and disappointed of participating.
Maybe you can help.

Thanks for your reply.

Andreas

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Some of the information you asked for is private. We can't please everybody and cannot implement all features, no matter how much they might help one individual person. We implement what we want to, based on what we think will be most helpful and sometimes on suggestions from users where many users suggest the same thing and we judge that we can afford to do so.

A tiny fraction of our tens of thousands of active subscribers participate in this forum. The vast majority of contact we have with users is through customer support, where we speak to dozens of users on a daily basis by telephone and email.

Ideas from customers are most likely to be implemented if there is a steady stream of individual (and separate) users requesting broadly the same thing or expressing the same problem. Our customer support channels are the best way for us to judge this.

SkyDemon has a European focus. We have many more users outside of the UK than inside.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search