Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Bluetooth Audio not working consistently...

Author
b
Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello all,

my set up is FLARM with Air Connect WLAN to SD on iPhone 8+ which is connected via Bluetooth to my Bose A20.
I get a „entering runway xy“ when lining up, during flight the first few announcements are cut, after a while there is no more audio output at all.
(Missed a few traffic alerts...)

Anyone who experienced the same problem and has a solution for this?

Thank you very much in advance!

Kind regards,
Thomas
pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
Yes, from time to time same issue here. May be dependent on the BT stack Skydemon is using, but I don‘t see any switch in settings to change the stack used. Maybe the guys from Skydemon can shine some light what they use - HFP maybe ? - could add a switch to choose from a few different methods?
Edited 11/11/2019 10:22:00 AM by MarkusM
bodensee747
b
Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)
Thanks, Markus!

I am wondering if my SD back up iPad mini which runs on a bluetooth GNS5870 might interfer in some way. May be it tries to connect to my headset as well via bluetooth...

Anyway the feature worked nicely when it was introduced by SD a few versions earlier...
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
SkyDemon doesn't know anything about any particular Bluetooth stack; that isn't how apps work. We simply ask the speech synthesizer of the device to do its job, and it's up to the device whether that goes to a Bluetooth headset, the device speaker or any other audio device.
pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 11/11/2019 12:04:40 PM
SkyDemon doesn't know anything about any particular Bluetooth stack; that isn't how apps work. We simply ask the speech synthesizer of the device to do its job, and it's up to the device whether that goes to a Bluetooth headset, the device speaker or any other audio device.

Sorry, I strongly believe you are wrong. But, this easily explains the reported effect. It is common practice in other apps to advice the operating system to use a specific handshake protocol, otherwise navigation apps in a car won‘t work with such broad variety of BT radios. I hope your development will dig into the issue and deliver a switch, like the car navigation apps, to let the user choose explicitly i.e. AFP or HFP or X protocol. Otherwise devices will continue running wild guesses.
Edited 11/11/2019 12:37:07 PM by MarkusM
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search