SkyDemon Forums

Bluetooth Audio not working consistently...

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic29746.aspx

By bodensee747 - 11/11/2019 8:22:06 AM

Hello all,

my set up is FLARM with Air Connect WLAN to SD on iPhone 8+ which is connected via Bluetooth to my Bose A20.
I get a „entering runway xy“ when lining up, during flight the first few announcements are cut, after a while there is no more audio output at all.
(Missed a few traffic alerts...)

Anyone who experienced the same problem and has a solution for this?

Thank you very much in advance!

Kind regards,
Thomas
By pilot-byom - 11/11/2019 12:35:36 PM

Tim Dawson - 11/11/2019 12:04:40 PM
SkyDemon doesn't know anything about any particular Bluetooth stack; that isn't how apps work. We simply ask the speech synthesizer of the device to do its job, and it's up to the device whether that goes to a Bluetooth headset, the device speaker or any other audio device.

Sorry, I strongly believe you are wrong. But, this easily explains the reported effect. It is common practice in other apps to advice the operating system to use a specific handshake protocol, otherwise navigation apps in a car won‘t work with such broad variety of BT radios. I hope your development will dig into the issue and deliver a switch, like the car navigation apps, to let the user choose explicitly i.e. AFP or HFP or X protocol. Otherwise devices will continue running wild guesses.