Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Pilot log on the bottom of map screen (like PC version)

Author
m
Too Much Forum (560 reputation)Too Much Forum (560 reputation)Too Much Forum (560 reputation)Too Much Forum (560 reputation)Too Much Forum (560 reputation)Too Much Forum (560 reputation)Too Much Forum (560 reputation)Too Much Forum (560 reputation)Too Much Forum (560 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Would it be possible to add to SD mobile version a preview of 'pilot log' on the bottom of map screen so one can see both map and waypoints info in one place. Best idea if it could be toggled with vertical profile window, same as it is implemented on SD PC version (VP is OK but not used all the time during flight).

And question to SD programmers, why what I'm suggesting here right now is present on PC version and so far not implemented to mobile version? There would by no need to move to 'pilot log' every time it is required to refresh some crucial flight plan data while in the air. For me moving from situation map to pilot log to see basics of my flight plan is definitely not a convinient method of navigation. Ofc I speak for myself, some people may claim different.

Thanx

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
The window at the bottom of the PC version is not the pilot log.

To quickly switch to the pilot log while in flight (on our mobile software) simple touch the position report at the top of the screen. One touch gets you straight there, if you need to review it for something.

We wouldn't consider displaying it permanently unless there was evidence that it would benefit a lot of people to have some specific information from the pilot log permanently displayed. Perhaps you could share exactly what information you think would be handy to have displayed there? Most people find the virtual radar of paramount importance during flight for vertical navigation.

efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
I‘m with Tim, would like to keep the VR.

Eric
m3duzas
m
Too Much Forum (560 reputation)Too Much Forum (560 reputation)Too Much Forum (560 reputation)Too Much Forum (560 reputation)Too Much Forum (560 reputation)Too Much Forum (560 reputation)Too Much Forum (560 reputation)Too Much Forum (560 reputation)Too Much Forum (560 reputation)
Sir, I'm aware that PC 'route plan' is not the same as mobile 'pilot log' but my idea was mainly aiming at placement of a route plan on the bottom of a PC map and that it is switchable with virtual radar. This mechanism can be used in mobile version and actually this is what I really meant, to add this route plan (tabular part of pilot log) functionality to mobile device but in some what active mode where while in the air active leg is highlighted and all legs info is updated as we proceed with our route.

I know how to switch fast between map view and pilot log but that is not a clue and actually my message is all about this switching and clicking. Like I wrote, I want to save Users from moving to pilot log whenever They want to see Their route plan, because then They might instantly lose Their eye from what is going on on the map. I would like to see the most important leg info permanently on the bottom of the map plus ofc see the whole map and have ability to toggle virtual radar with route plan whenever I want. I do not negate the role of virtual radar and its "paramount importance" for many people. I agree it is a crucial part of SD and I use it all the time. My idea is to simply add a route plan preview and make it switchable/toggle with virtual radar enabling additional info with only one look. I do not want to get rid of virtual radar at all and that was not my intention.

Information that should be permanently displayed in route plan on the bottom of a map should to be as user wants. The same as it is programmed in pilot log.
Route information scope of my choose would be:
1. waypoints names from and to
2. Hdg
2. Dist
3. Time
4. FuelR

If anybody find this idea useable and beneficial, please write.

efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
If you want it switchable, it‘s all ok for me.

Eric
m3duzas
m
efrenken - 7/18/2019 1:56:50 PM
I‘m with Tim, would like to keep the VR.Eric

Efrenken, You'll have virtual radar, nobody wants to discard it. Look how it is solved on PC version where You have both route plan and virtual radar. This is what I suggest.

Cheers

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Again, the most important question is: why?

You spent a lot of time explaining what you want (thank you, I understand) but unless we understand why you want the choice for that information to be permanently displayed at the bottom of the screen, we cannot understand the underlying problem you're facing.

m3duzas
m
Tim, I explained 'why' many times, which part of my message is unclear for You?

The most important 'why' is an obligation to move from one screen to another to see progression in route plan. The same thing would be as You put a virtual radar on a separate screen and user will have to make a click on the top of the screen to actaully see it. Right now VR is permanently visible so You don't have to do nothing to see it. Why shouldn't it be the same with route plan?
Also it would be more convinient for a pilot to have a route plan visible, why? because it saves time which equals better and safer navigation, and because while flying You follow what You have planned earlier........well at least You try :-) ).
If we go even further in our discussion about 'why', You can ask Yourself why do a pilot needs a pilot log (flight plan) anyway?

BTW, are You a real world pilot Tim?

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
This real world pilot, both VFR and IFR, rarely looks at the PLOG in-flight, but uses the VR constantly.

I like things just the way they are. I see no advantage having the log displayed permanently as it is readily accessible if I need it.
Edited 7/20/2019 4:50:21 AM by grahamb
m3duzas
m
grahamb - 7/20/2019 4:49:46 AM
This real world pilot, both VFR and IFR, rarely looks at the PLOG in-flight, but uses the VR constantly.

I like things just the way they are. I see no advantage having the log displayed permanently as it is readily accessible if I need it.

My suggestion is both for You and me. VR will be there as it is now, nothing will change and You can still have it displayed permanently.......look at PC version how it is constructed. I only recommend to add a 'route plan' tab to mobile version alike it is on PC version, because I think it is a great solution and I wonder why this idea was not copied to mobile version. Nothing else.
You wouldn't want to use this tab simply won't click it Smile

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search