Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Can't set take off time

Author
m
Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,
I can't set the take off time - only the date - when I use Sky Demon on my Huawei tablet.

It shows the date and time on the 'Flight Details' box but the time shown is just the time at which I set the date. If I click on 'Take off' I only get the option to change the date.

On my OnePlus5 phone, I get the option to change both the time and the date.

Thanks,

Mike

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
This is something that appears to happen on certain devices and that we are looking into in the next couple of weeks.
mike1111
m
Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 7/17/2019 9:48:00 AM
This is something that appears to happen on certain devices and that we are looking into in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks - If you want a screenshot or anything, please let me know. It is a serious problem as it doesn't necessarily show the correct info for the time I fly.

Martin1099
M
Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)
I had the same problem on the (8 inch) Huawei and fixed it by changing the Screen ‘View Mode’ to Small instead of Medium. (Settings, Display, Screen, View mode. Select Small, then ‘tick’). Once changed this required a re-start of the device. This makes other menus and tabs more suited to this size device I think as well. Attached before and after pictures.
mike1111
m
Martin1099 - 7/17/2019 7:39:32 PM
I had the same problem on the (8 inch) Huawei and fixed it by changing the Screen ‘View Mode’ to Small instead of Medium. (Settings, Display, Screen, View mode. Select Small, then ‘tick’). Once changed this required a re-start of the device. This makes other menus and tabs more suited to this size device I think as well. Attached before and after pictures.

You are a genius - it works! What a relief. Mine's a Huawei 8inch as well.

Martin1099
M
Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)
Genius is a stretch, but glad I helped! ;-) Safe flying!
vfr-uk
vfr-uk
Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)
This is great to know. I have the same thing and emailed to support. I like the way this makes the menus smaller too as they do seem a bit big compared to the iPad. Hopefully the issue will be addressed as stated above but a great workaround meanwhile.

How does this setting affect other apps?
vfr-uk
vfr-uk
Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)
vfr-uk - 7/21/2019 9:53:43 AM
This is great to know. I have the same thing and emailed to support. I like the way this makes the menus smaller too as they do seem a bit big compared to the iPad. Hopefully the issue will be addressed as stated above but a great workaround meanwhile. How does this setting affect other apps?

Just to note I've set this and it works for SD but it does make the device less usable as it sets a pretty tiny font throughout the system/Web browser etc, so an SD fix would be very welcome

publicom
p
Too Much Forum (123 reputation)Too Much Forum (123 reputation)Too Much Forum (123 reputation)Too Much Forum (123 reputation)Too Much Forum (123 reputation)Too Much Forum (123 reputation)Too Much Forum (123 reputation)Too Much Forum (123 reputation)Too Much Forum (123 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 7/17/2019 9:48:00 AM

I experience the same with SD Plan (3.15.4.0). The Date can be set, but not the time.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
This may be a bug caused by scaling or large fonts on your system, could you contact customer support who may be able to suggest something?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search