Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SD Airfield Data access?

Author
C S
Too Much Forum (184 reputation)Too Much Forum (184 reputation)Too Much Forum (184 reputation)Too Much Forum (184 reputation)Too Much Forum (184 reputation)Too Much Forum (184 reputation)Too Much Forum (184 reputation)Too Much Forum (184 reputation)Too Much Forum (184 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I would to see a full list of which UK airfields hold/sell UL91 - but this search capability is not possible [have emailed Lisa at SD about this - it can't currently be done - but have re-enquired on this forum for others to comment].  I am able to find a single airfield and see what fuel it offers, but not the full UK list offering a specific grade of fuel.  

A general search function for this and a few other things within SD might be useful and until it can be implemented, I suggest it as an enhancement here.  

Some ideas of other searches that i suggest could be useful for planning our flying trips would include:
1) Which [UK] airfields offer which fuel
2) Search by runway length and refine this by choosing tarmac, grass or both
3) Search by runway orientation within a band of headings
4) Search by opening and/or closing times within a user-selected band

I'd also like to know which airfields have Hotel accommodation within a user-defined raduis, but i am probably pushing my luck . . .

frederic
frederic
Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)
I agree, it should be verry nice to have those searches capabilities (To search on fuel capacities, restaurants, hôtels, paved runway or not...). 

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
I guess you haven't discovered the Find Destination tool, which is specifically designed to highlight airfields with certain fuels and runway types/lengths?
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/20/2019 3:38:33 PM
I guess you haven't discovered the Find Destination tool, which is specifically designed to highlight airfields with certain fuels and runway types/lengths?

Is there any way that someone in SD Towers could delete the entry for UL91 that someone has mistakenly added for Welshpool? We have never stocked UL91 and there is no current prospect of that changing.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Yes, we can do that.
C S
C S
Too Much Forum (184 reputation)Too Much Forum (184 reputation)Too Much Forum (184 reputation)Too Much Forum (184 reputation)Too Much Forum (184 reputation)Too Much Forum (184 reputation)Too Much Forum (184 reputation)Too Much Forum (184 reputation)Too Much Forum (184 reputation)

Thanks, yes after some help from Hannah, i did not use that before and I see that it does most of what i seek.

As per my original post suggestions and augmented by the email exchange with Hannah, my enhancement wish list for a Destination Search function, is: 

a) Find/choose destinations based upon the alignment of departure and arrival runways with the current/forecast wind direction on the day 
b) Find runways based upon a user-defined band of runway headings
c) Find runways based upon availability of accommodation within walking distance (1 mile?) would be useful.  Roserrow would be a good example of an airfield offering my ideal set of facilities
d) And . . . being able to 'Find Destination' airfields based on multiple criteria is yet another enhancement suggestion

Edited 5/22/2019 10:30:07 AM by C S
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/21/2019 9:40:03 AM
Yes, we can do that.

Sorted. Smile

frederic
frederic
Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)

Thank you Tim. It was the case.

C S
C S

Tim, what are the chances of adding a search based upon runway heading within a user-selected band, into the 'Find a Destination' tool please?  The purpose is to enable the user to narrow down onto airfields to visit that are aligned with/close to the forecast wind direction.  Being able to select a destination based on this as well as runway length/type and fuel availability, would be great.

Martin Bech
Martin Bech
Too Much Forum (9.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.6K reputation)
Is the runway and wind direction your primary choise to fly. Why not chose a destination and have a look of all the nice data in SD! Just an opinion😄
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search