Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Audio and voice alerts relative volume adjustment

Author
c
Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm finding that the audio alerts are quite loud and startling but the voice alerts are quite low volume and hard to hear. So my question is there a way to adjust the volume of the voice alerts relative to the audio alerts or are they both connected?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
They are connected. If many people express a desire to control the volume of these two sounds independently we will of course consider adding such functionality to SkyDemon.
colled
c
Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/7/2019 10:55:25 AM
They are connected. If many people express a desire to control the volume of these two sounds independently we will of course consider adding such functionality to SkyDemon.

Many thanks for the reply. Why is the volume of the voice much quieter than the warning sounds or is it just my setup? Perhaps the bias could be change slightly!?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
I don't think it is.
dave_kent
dave_kent
Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)
colled - 5/7/2019 2:16:37 PM

Many thanks for the reply. Why is the volume of the voice much quieter than the warning sounds or is it just my setup? Perhaps the bias could be change slightly!?

I have the same problem - the warning tone is quite shrill and I can even hear it in the cockpit above the engine noise without piping it through the headphones; whereas the speech is a murmur in the background that I can only hear on engine-idle.  Not able to plumb SD into my rented aircraft (no obvious input socket), I wondered if there was a way to increase the speech volume.

TimT
TimT
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
dave_kent - 5/29/2019 12:36:06 PM
colled - 5/7/2019 2:16:37 PM

I have the same problem - the warning tone is quite shrill and I can even hear it in the cockpit above the engine noise without piping it through the headphones; whereas the speech is a murmur in the background that I can only hear on engine-idle.  Not able to plumb SD into my rented aircraft (no obvious input socket), I wondered if there was a way to increase the speech volume.

Best solution: Untick audio alerts. Tick voice alerts only. Then it works like a dream. 

You will find that you don't need the audio alerts (which were meant to draw you attention to the screen to read what the problem might be) once you use the voice alerts. With those clear natural language voice alerts that SD provides you have all the information you need, and you can keep your eyes outside.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search