Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Stopwatch/timer feature

Author
T
Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I use Skydemon for Ipad. When I'm flying 6 minute sightseeing flights in a helicopter, timing is very critical. The cockpit only has an analog clock and precisely reading of the minutes can be a bit tricky. I was wondering if Skydemon has a simple built-in stopwatch or timer feature that I can use for this purpose? At the moment I use the standard stopwatch feature on IOS but I have to keep switching between it and Skydemon. The best thing would be something of an overlay in Skydemon.

If Skydemon does not have this as a feature, tips for an app or widget of some kind would be greatly appreciated!

pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
Did you check in Skydemon, the wheel option Setup, Navigation Options, all the way down last entry In-Flight Timers? This is what I use for flying rotorheads on short frequencies.
TJLock
T
Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)
MarkusM - 4/1/2019 10:30:43 AM
Did you check in Skydemon, the wheel option Setup, Navigation Options, all the way down last entry In-Flight Timers? This is what I use for flying rotorheads on short frequencies.

I've taken a look at this feature, but it seems more fitting for reminding you of certain tasks that need to be repeated every so often. It doesn't actually show a persistent running stopwatch. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Your tablet has a built-in digital clock reading presumably? Added to that, if you open the Pilot Log while in flight several flight timing statistics can be instantly seen.
TJLock
T
Tim Dawson - 4/1/2019 12:05:25 PM
Your tablet has a built-in digital clock reading presumably? Added to that, if you open the Pilot Log while in flight several flight timing statistics can be instantly seen.

The built-in digital clock is way too small to read, especially with vibrations you get in a helicopter. The statistics in the Pilot Log is something I can look at, but at first glance it's not what I'm looking for. 

This is the Stopwatch feature on iOS, all I really need is for this to be visible in Skydemon. Unfortunately my ipad mini 2 does not support splitscreen.

pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
Than I advise to send the venerable iPad Mini 2 to rest in peace and get a decent iPad. 6 years old technology is not really the best way to do things in flight and your request is the typical application for iOS split-screen. Why should Skydemon invest in developing a function the operating system already has?
TJLock
T
MarkusM - 4/1/2019 2:33:53 PM
Than I advise to send the venerable iPad Mini 2 to rest in peace and get a decent iPad. 6 years old technology is not really the best way to do things in flight and your request is the typical application for iOS split-screen. Why should Skydemon invest in developing a function the operating system already has?

My ipad works fine, I'm not going to throw it away for such a small problem.

I never suggested that SD has to develop anything like this. I was merely asking if anyone had a simple solution to my problem. It turns out the answer is no. I'll manage. 

Thanks for the info

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search