SkyDemon Forums

Stopwatch/timer feature

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic28196.aspx

By Tim Dawson - 4/1/2019 12:05:25 PM

Your tablet has a built-in digital clock reading presumably? Added to that, if you open the Pilot Log while in flight several flight timing statistics can be instantly seen.
By TJLock - 4/1/2019 2:00:53 PM

Tim Dawson - 4/1/2019 12:05:25 PM
Your tablet has a built-in digital clock reading presumably? Added to that, if you open the Pilot Log while in flight several flight timing statistics can be instantly seen.

The built-in digital clock is way too small to read, especially with vibrations you get in a helicopter. The statistics in the Pilot Log is something I can look at, but at first glance it's not what I'm looking for. 

This is the Stopwatch feature on iOS, all I really need is for this to be visible in Skydemon. Unfortunately my ipad mini 2 does not support splitscreen.

By pilot-byom - 4/1/2019 2:33:53 PM

Than I advise to send the venerable iPad Mini 2 to rest in peace and get a decent iPad. 6 years old technology is not really the best way to do things in flight and your request is the typical application for iOS split-screen. Why should Skydemon invest in developing a function the operating system already has?
By TJLock - 4/1/2019 2:59:54 PM

MarkusM - 4/1/2019 2:33:53 PM
Than I advise to send the venerable iPad Mini 2 to rest in peace and get a decent iPad. 6 years old technology is not really the best way to do things in flight and your request is the typical application for iOS split-screen. Why should Skydemon invest in developing a function the operating system already has?

My ipad works fine, I'm not going to throw it away for such a small problem.

I never suggested that SD has to develop anything like this. I was merely asking if anyone had a simple solution to my problem. It turns out the answer is no. I'll manage. 

Thanks for the info
By TJLock - 4/1/2019 10:07:23 AM

Hi,

I use Skydemon for Ipad. When I'm flying 6 minute sightseeing flights in a helicopter, timing is very critical. The cockpit only has an analog clock and precisely reading of the minutes can be a bit tricky. I was wondering if Skydemon has a simple built-in stopwatch or timer feature that I can use for this purpose? At the moment I use the standard stopwatch feature on IOS but I have to keep switching between it and Skydemon. The best thing would be something of an overlay in Skydemon.

If Skydemon does not have this as a feature, tips for an app or widget of some kind would be greatly appreciated!