Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemon for Mac OS X (unofficially)

Author
g
Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I get the same problem with the recent Skydemon releases. (not being able to run .net framewerk 4.5) on CrossOver so sadly no solution yet
guille
guille
Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)
gratd - 4/2/2019 10:19:19 AM
I get the same problem with the recent Skydemon releases. (not being able to run .net framewerk 4.5) on CrossOver so sadly no solution yet

Did anyone tried IPADIAN ? Apparently it allows running IOS applications on Mac ...
guille
guille
Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)
guille - 4/3/2019 10:33:03 AM
[quote]
gratd - 4/2/2019 10:19:19 AM

Did anyone tried IPADIAN ? Apparently it allows running IOS applications on Mac ...
Finally I am trying Crossover and it works well but with High Sierra, I imagine the problem appears - as some others - with Mojave...
I am really sorry that the new versions create problem with the nice solution Rikur developed !!! It worked really fine.

peter.kesten
peter.kesten
Too Much Forum (183 reputation)Too Much Forum (183 reputation)Too Much Forum (183 reputation)Too Much Forum (183 reputation)Too Much Forum (183 reputation)Too Much Forum (183 reputation)Too Much Forum (183 reputation)Too Much Forum (183 reputation)Too Much Forum (183 reputation)
rikur - 3/25/2019 9:31:40 AM
Unfortunately I seem to have been defeated by this one.  I am unable to create a stable wrapper of the latest version of Skydemon, and given the pending demise of support for the 32-bit Wineskin wrapper, even any reprise is going to be short-term.

I got the latest Version of SkyDemon running with Wine2.0 (and free wrapper Winebottler) under High Sierra. See Screenshot:

Additionally installed Windows .net Files in Version 3.0, 3.5 and 4.5 via Winetricks.
Did just a few quick tests. One first Problem is, that creating the Pilot Log clutters the screen and the BriefingPack freezes the App. I don't know, if I have to install some additional packets via Winetricks or if I have to change some settings in Wine. I am not an expert there. Maybe, someone else? Or Rikur can tell us, what he has additionally installed/set/unset in his installation? Or he can repeat hin installation in Wine 2.0 with winebottler?

Best Regards! Peter

peter.kesten
peter.kesten
Too Much Forum (183 reputation)Too Much Forum (183 reputation)Too Much Forum (183 reputation)Too Much Forum (183 reputation)Too Much Forum (183 reputation)Too Much Forum (183 reputation)Too Much Forum (183 reputation)Too Much Forum (183 reputation)Too Much Forum (183 reputation)
Ok. I finally got it working completely in the actual version 3.12.4. Using the wrapper Wine in Version 1.86 and the *free* Winebottler to compile a independent and self-containing package (no need for Crossover).  At least under Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6 there seem to be no problems after a reasonably test phase. I don't know, if it works with Mojave or further versions, because I don't use it on my macs.

If I am allowed to (Tim?), i would upload this wrap. But: I am really no expert in wine, so please understand, that I will not offer any support or any warranty for this working.

@Skydemon: Please tell me, if it is okay, to upload this wrapped version.

Regards, Peter

Cessnaoui
Cessnaoui
Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)
peter.kesten - 4/17/2019 7:05:56 PM
Ok. I finally got it working completely in the actual version 3.12.4. Using the wrapper Wine in Version 1.86 and the *free* Winebottler to compile a independent and self-containing package (no need for Crossover).  At least under Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6 there seem to be no problems after a reasonably test phase. I don't know, if it works with Mojave or further versions, because I don't use it on my macs.

If I am allowed to (Tim?), i would upload this wrap. But: I am really no expert in wine, so please understand, that I will not offer any support or any warranty for this working.

Regards, Peter

Hello Peter,

I am sure that many Mac users will be very happy to try this version.
I don't expect this to be a problem for Skydemon as they do not support any Mac version of the software.

So ... yes please upload it.

gratd
g
Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)
peter.kesten - 4/17/2019 7:05:56 PM

Regards, Peter

Since the use of Skydemon in a wrapper like Wine, requires a valid Skydemon subscription and login anyway, I cannot imagine there could be an objection form Skydemon or - in fact - a need to ask for permission.

Gourls
G
Has it been uploaded yet? I really want to try this on my mac 
peter.kesten
peter.kesten
Hi,
sorry for the delay. I just waited for someone from the SD Team to authorise me to upload a copy. Unfortunately, there was no answer. That's why I'd rather not upload the wrapper. I can imagine that's not a problem for the reasons mentioned above, but I'm a bit cautious. Call me coward ;-)
But what I can do is to give you a guide on how I did it. Anybody can do that relatively easily and most of all for free, it's really not hard. Here we go:
1. Upload a free copy of the Winebottler package. Get it from here. You can use the 2.0 Development Package, that the version I used on My Mac OSX with High Sierra and it worked.
2. Open the .dmg-File, copy both the Wine App and the Winebottler App to your applications folder. You may have to authorise this with your admin account.
3. Get the Windows Installation File for SkyDemon from here. Do NOT try to to anything with this file for the moment.
4. Start the Winebottler App. Switch to the Advanced Tab via the third of the three icons in the top of the window. The window should look like this:

5. Make sure, that you set all the settings like shown in the screenshot. Additionally, press the "Select File" (one red star) button and choose the Skydemon Installer File you have downloaded in Step 3.
6. After that, be sure to check the following boxes (and only this boxes) in the "Winetricks" section (two red stars):
*dotnet30
*dotnet40
*dotnet45
*gdiplus_winxp
*fontfix
It may be a little bit "fiddly" to scroll to them. Take care to get them all and no other line.
7. It is *very* important, that you have selected "Include Wine App" behind "App-Bundle" and "execute file (Installer)" begin "Installation Mode".
8. Press the Install Button in the down right corner. Choose Desktop as destination for the compiled File and give an apropriate name.
9. Now, it take's a lot of time. Do not stop the compilation process, even if it seems to "hang". you need an working internet connection now because the additional winetricks parts will be downloaded. whenever you are prompted by a "Windows window" to restart the computer after installation process, choose "no".
10. At the end, choose the "Skydemon.exe" File to be the executed one when you start the Wrapped software. 
11. right click on the generated file on your desktop and choose "show package contents".
12. navigate to the "fonts directory" within the windows environment (red star)

13. Delete all the file within the fonts directory. NOT the directory itself.
14. Close the complete window.
15. copy the Skydemon App from your desktop to your Application folder. Be sure to backup your old Skydemon Version to somewhere else.
16. Now you can start the Skydemon app and it should work like before. Maybe you have to choose your Document-Directories again.
17. If you want, you can remove Wine and Winebottler Apps from your Application Folder. You don't need them any more.

Have Fun!

As said, this works on my iMac late 2012 with High Sierra. I do not know if it works for other machines/OS'es. 
and I take no responsibility and give no support.

Cessnaoui
Cessnaoui
Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)
peter.kesten - 5/7/2019 4:39:17 PM
Hi,
sorry for the delay. I just waited for someone from the SD Team to authorise me to upload a copy. Unfortunately, there was no answer. That's why I'd rather not upload the wrapper. I can imagine that's not a problem for the reasons mentioned above, but I'm a bit cautious. Call me coward ;-)
But what I can do is to give you a guide on how I did it. Anybody can do that relatively easily and most of all for free, it's really not hard. Here we go:
1. Upload a free copy of the Winebottler package. Get it from here. You can use the 2.0 Development Package, that the version I used on My Mac OSX with High Sierra and it worked.
2. Open the .dmg-File, copy both the Wine App and the Winebottler App to your applications folder. You may have to authorise this with your admin account.
3. Get the Windows Installation File for SkyDemon from here. Do NOT try to to anything with this file for the moment.
4. Start the Winebottler App. Switch to the Advanced Tab via the third of the three icons in the top of the window. The window should look like this:

5. Make sure, that you set all the settings like shown in the screenshot. Additionally, press the "Select File" (one red star) button and choose the Skydemon Installer File you have downloaded in Step 3.
6. After that, be sure to check the following boxes (and only this boxes) in the "Winetricks" section (two red stars):
*dotnet30
*dotnet40
*dotnet45
*gdiplus_winxp
*fontfix
It may be a little bit "fiddly" to scroll to them. Take care to get them all and no other line.
7. It is *very* important, that you have selected "Include Wine App" behind "App-Bundle" and "execute file (Installer)" begin "Installation Mode".
8. Press the Install Button in the down right corner. Choose Desktop as destination for the compiled File and give an apropriate name.
9. Now, it take's a lot of time. Do not stop the compilation process, even if it seems to "hang". you need an working internet connection now because the additional winetricks parts will be downloaded. whenever you are prompted by a "Windows window" to restart the computer after installation process, choose "no".
10. At the end, choose the "Skydemon.exe" File to be the executed one when you start the Wrapped software. 
11. right click on the generated file on your desktop and choose "show package contents".
12. navigate to the "fonts directory" within the windows environment (red star)

13. Delete all the file within the fonts directory. NOT the directory itself.
14. Close the complete window.
15. copy the Skydemon App from your desktop to your Application folder. Be sure to backup your old Skydemon Version to somewhere else.
16. Now you can start the Skydemon app and it should work like before. Maybe you have to choose your Document-Directories again.
17. If you want, you can remove Wine and Winebottler Apps from your Application Folder. You don't need them any more.

Have Fun!

As said, this works on my iMac late 2012 with High Sierra. I do not know if it works for other machines/OS'es. 
and I take no responsibility and give no support.

Hello,

Thank you for these very easy to follow instructions.
Unfortunately, it does not seems to work for me. The application starts normally, shows the map ... but crashes a few seconds after creating or loading a route :-(
I'm using High Sierra running on a iMac (27-inch, Late 2013).

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search