Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Costs included in the debriefing pack

Author
alexis.hellen@gmail.com
Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello, 

I often fly with friends with whom I end up sharing the costs (I rent a plane from my airclub)

I would love to be able to include costs to a log and se these costs summarised in the debriefing pack. 
The costs would be: 
- Plane rental costs (if wet) based on the flight time and the value set in the plane profile
- Landing fees: there could be a field for these that would be manually filled in the view that comes up wen one clicks on the log, in the same way one can add a comment in the Notepad section.
- Other costs (customs, etc...) filled in the same way as the landing fees above.

Then SkyDemon would summ up all these costs in the debriefing pack. There could be an option somewhere to show or not these costs.
Below a mock up of what this section could look like in the debriefing pack (bottom line).
What do you lads and lasses out there think about this?

Cheers, Alexis

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
I will be interested to see what others think about this, but I'll say that we have never envisaged a feature whereby SkyDemon would collect all your costs from you and make a log of them.
alexis.hellen@gmail.com
alexis.hellen@gmail.com
Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 2/25/2019 11:00:05 AM
I will be interested to see what others think about this, but I'll say that we have never envisaged a feature whereby SkyDemon would collect all your costs from you and make a log of them.

I might be the only one. But what do you think of at least using the hourly plane costs to give an effective cost of the flight? In the same way you already calculate this cost when planning a flight.
Cheers, and thanks again for a great app,
Alexis

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
It's not something I would have thought of, but we would be happy to add it to the debriefing pack if enough people wanted it. It would really only work for rental aircraft, though, where you pay a simple cost per hour of flight. That would restrict its usefulness to all the people whose costs are based on fuel, because of course we don't know how much fuel was actually used on a flight.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search