Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

ULIP for Belgian ULM platform

Author
frederic
Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I was also surprised. There are effectively a lot of pilot in Belgium who are using SD. For example, I think there must be more than 50% of the microlight pilots in my club who are using SD. I can suppose it should be more than 100 pilots.

There are 31 airfields and Microlight fields contained in the ULIP database. There are all the microlights sites (12) of Belgium and all the airfield (19 on25) who accept the Microlight. All those ULIP are approved by the airfields autorities and are updated evry time it is needed.

You may download this DB whithout any paiement. It is totaly free.
May be should it be better to ask the permission to the BULMF (Belgium ULM Federation). You may send a mail to mailto:webmaster@bulmf.be .  If you encounter problems to get in touch with the BULMF, do not hesitate to tell me, I will put you in touch with them, among others via my brother who is a board member

The ULIP can be found at http://bulmf.be/index.php/fr/liste . If you click on the green line "TELECHARGER TOUTES  CARTES EN SEUL FICHIER ZIP" you will downlaod all the ULIP. There to versions : in french (for example EBBY-FR.pdf) and in dutch (EBBY-NL.pdf). You will also downlaod an "ulip-eport.file" wich give the date of the update.

Many thanks for your help.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
I am sorry if I gave the impression we were ready to use this data. We would need extensive dialog with a representative of this organisation before we could do that, AND to observe a significant desire for us to use the data, from our existing customers in Belgium. At this point, this thread is the first we've heard of its existence. Perhaps you could ask some of your fellow Belgian pilots if this is something they've wanted to see incorporated in SkyDemon, and if so, to get in touch with us to express exactly what information they'd like to see and how it would help them?
frederic
frederic
Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)
Thank you Tim. I wil ask then.
bpvabvv
b
Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 9/3/2018 11:02:05 AM
We would certainly consider it, given the permission of the copyright holders, but it would be a good chunk of work for us. I am a little surprised by this request actually, as we are very popular in Belgium and I don't think anyone has mentioned these plates up until now. Do you know how many airfields are contained in the dataset which do not already have freely available information published in the standard AIP Belgium?

Dear Tim

Like my Brother says, I am a member of the Management Board of the Belgian ULM Federation. (In charge of the Safety)

This is a new version of our ULIPs. We use now a similar design as the VAC in France.
It is our Webmaster who is in charge for this.
I will speak with him and the Management Board to see how we can work with you to publish our ULIPs on Skydemon.

Best regards

Pierre

Fab501
F
Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)
Dear Tim,

There are about 28 Airfields in the Ulip Belgium Database:

http://www.bulmf.be/index.php/fr/16-ulip/47-ulip-chart-fr

Theses are Visual Approach Chart for some small airfields used by Ultra Light Aircraft and Small Plane.

Theses Documents are really reliable and free to use and publish.

On the Free Airmate Application, the ULIP Charts are present, that could be nice that you take theses information native also to SkyDemon like airmate does.

I have found a way to display with the custom files ICAO_name and that works, but we need to do that for each device because user files are not synced with cloud.

What could be nice also is to have the track of the traffic pattern on the map so that we know where to put the aircraft when approaching and for integration.

It is a lot a work, but if you let user draw the rectangle of traffic pattern himself and share this data each user would be able to draw the altitude and size of the traffic pattern.

Even without sharing that could be nice to be able to draw the traffic pattern of our destination airfield when preparing our route, hope you permit this in futur.

With your Make Approach when in flight that is already a step in this direction, but we should have the possibility to define size and altitude when preparing the route...for ease of integration.

Thanks Regards

Fab501
Rolmops
R
Too Much Forum (153 reputation)Too Much Forum (153 reputation)Too Much Forum (153 reputation)Too Much Forum (153 reputation)Too Much Forum (153 reputation)Too Much Forum (153 reputation)Too Much Forum (153 reputation)Too Much Forum (153 reputation)Too Much Forum (153 reputation)
Dear Tim,
As a diligent user of SD, I am also interested in adding Belgian ULIPs to the documentation of Belgian ultralight platforms. Thank you for what you can do.
Best regards,
Roland

dirk Claesen
d
Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)
Hello there,
From an UL-pilot using SD in Belgium:
As I also like to use the ULIP Approach charts,
I copy the ULIP PDF's into the user documents of SD
Files are named as ICAO ID of the airfields.
So I can access them in the "Airfields TAB/User documents"
Would be nice to see them 'standard' in SD

kind regards,
Dirk
CT2K @ EBZH

Dirk
CT2K
EBZH

frederic
frederic
As so far I know, SD and the BULMF (Belgian ULM Federation) are in contact to find a solution.

In teh meantime, the solution is to copy the ULIP in the main directory of SD (IOS or Android, not under Windows)

Pilou
P
Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 9/3/2018 11:02:05 AM
We would certainly consider it, given the permission of the copyright holders, but it would be a good chunk of work for us. I am a little surprised by this request actually, as we are very popular in Belgium and I don't think anyone has mentioned these plates up until now. Do you know how many airfields are contained in the dataset which do not already have freely available information published in the standard AIP Belgium?

33 Ulip.
I have the same problem. 
Pierre
EBBZ.

Daniël Klijnsma
Daniël Klijnsma
Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)
Hello, a while later and there seems to not be a standard solution on the ULIP charts. We all understand that Belgium is a lot smaller than France, but the ULM community would be extremely grateful if these ULIP approach plates are available as a standard, for everyone. Has any progress been made since 2019 (previous post)?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search