Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Saving to cloud not working

Author
Terence Scotcher
Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I click save on my PC, to save the route.
I go to open the route again and I can see other (older) routes in the cloud, but not my new one.
I have ticked the box in planning options to automatically save routes to cloud.
It's not visible on my iPad (cloud) either.
The route is saved locally on my PC.
I'm using v3.10.5.0.
Any ideas about what I am doing wrong?

Terence Scotcher
Terence Scotcher
Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)
Terry - 10/24/2018 8:48:23 AM
I go to open the route again and I can see other (older) routes in the cloud, but not my new one.
I have ticked the box in planning options to automatically save routes to cloud.
I'm using v3.10.5.0.

Oh dear, now I am getting unhandled exceptions when I try to open a flightplan.
I've restarted SD, logged out and in, restarted windows, and re-installed SD all to no avail.
Am I the only one having these problems?

Terence Scotcher
Terence Scotcher
Terry - 10/24/2018 9:34:01 AM
Terry - 10/24/2018 8:48:23 AM
I'm using v3.10.5.0.

Oh dear, now I am getting unhandled exceptions when I try to open a flightplan.
I've restarted SD, logged out and in, restarted windows, and re-installed SD all to no avail.
Am I the only one having these problems?

...and now,after a bit of jiggling with saves and deleting old files with the same name, it's all working again.
Hurrah!

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
If you have the details of those unhandled exceptions, if they happen again, our customer support would probably find them informative.
Terence Scotcher
Terence Scotcher
Tim Dawson - 10/25/2018 2:02:29 PM
If you have the details of those unhandled exceptions, if they happen again, our customer support would probably find them informative.

I have a screen grab of the exception message, but I couldn't see a way of sending it via support, so I've added it here.
The exception happens every time I try to open an existing flightplan.
Let me know if you need more debug data.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
That looks like a familiar error, and might be one that we have addressed either in the latest version or the forthcoming version. Customer support will be able to advise much better than I can.
toby23
t
Too Much Forum (441 reputation)Too Much Forum (441 reputation)Too Much Forum (441 reputation)Too Much Forum (441 reputation)Too Much Forum (441 reputation)Too Much Forum (441 reputation)Too Much Forum (441 reputation)Too Much Forum (441 reputation)Too Much Forum (441 reputation)
Is there any solution for the cloud saves hardly ever appearing or am I doing something wrong?
I plan on my PC and save to cloud but when I try to open the flightplan on my ipad, it's not there...

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Give customer support a call; chances are, SkyDemon doesn't have an internet connection available when you save.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search