Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Merging flights sometimes fails

Author
jfw
Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
SemperFi - 7/23/2018 3:37:08 PM
And another one ... due to hot weather my smartphone, doing the primary logging, quit in flight and I had to use the tablet while the phone had to cool down. Now I have three log files, the first and third on the phone and the second on the tablet. Merging the two phone file fails, with error message 'cannot merge because more then 10 minutes gap' or so. I do have the missing 20 mins on the tablet, though - how do I merge the files, if there even is a way?

Put log of your tablet in the SD cloud. Load it on your smartphone. You will have the three parts on your phone.
You should then be able to merge these.

Br,
J

Clive
Clive
Too Much Forum (392 reputation)Too Much Forum (392 reputation)Too Much Forum (392 reputation)Too Much Forum (392 reputation)Too Much Forum (392 reputation)Too Much Forum (392 reputation)Too Much Forum (392 reputation)Too Much Forum (392 reputation)Too Much Forum (392 reputation)
If one does a touch n go/go around it isn’t the end of a flight and the start of another one, clearly a non pilot comment/feature. Why not let us decide if we want to merge two ‘flights’
My log is full of flights in two bits when I do some circuits or add a landing on the beginning or the end of a trip. Love SKyD but this is annoying.
Regards Clive
Edited 3/10/2024 8:56:41 AM by Clive
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
Clive - 3/10/2024 7:01:15 AM
If one dies a touch n go/go around it isn’t the end of a flight and the start of another one, clearly a non pilot comment/feature. Why not let us decide if we want to merge two ‘flights’My log is full of flights in two bits when I do some circuits or add a landing on the beginning or the end of a trip. Love SKyD but this is annoying. Regards Clive

Windows and a text editor may offer you some scope. 

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
If you've got two flights that you think should be mergeable but SkyDemon won't let you merge them, share them with me and I'll take a look. If our thresholds need adjusting we can do that.

Graham, it's a binary format so text editor can't really help.

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 3/11/2024 10:33:53 AM
Graham, it's a binary format so text editor can't really help.

Thanks Tim, 

Of course you are right, but I'm sure I had a play with this some time ago and got it to work. It must have been something else!

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
A long time ago we did use a text format, so it might have worked then.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search