Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

ULIP for Belgian ULM platform

Author
P
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dear.
I just loaded SD on my Samsung Galaxy tab S2 with Belgium and French map. For France,  Basulm show approach chart. Not for Belgium. ULIP for Belgian ULM airfield are published by the fédération and uptodated. How insert it in SD ? 
Thanks for your feedback,
Pierre. EBBZ. Rans Coyote.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Any official plates for airfields as published in AIP Belgium will be present in SkyDemon. We are not familiar with ULIP, are they an unofficial source of extra information for ULM sites in Belgium?
frederic
frederic
Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 6/25/2018 9:32:12 AM
Any official plates for airfields as published in AIP Belgium will be present in SkyDemon. We are not familiar with ULIP, are they an unofficial source of extra information for ULM sites in Belgium?

We can compare the data base of the Belgian ULIP (UltraLight Information Chart) to the French DB BASULM, with the big difference is that the ULIP are only updated by the BULMF (Belgian ULM Federaition) while BASULM is updated also by the users.
We can say that the ULIP's DB is not official but really verry reliable.

This DB can be downloaded on the BULMF web site (http://bulmf.be/index.php/fr/liste). 
You can download then one by one or all the ULIPS's in one time. In this case, you will download  all the ULIP's in french (fr) and flamish (nl) and an excel file which takes the date of the last update of each airfield.

The download is free and don't need any permission. The BULMF gives it free in the spirit to improve security.

frederic
frederic
Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)
A little question, probably stupid for some of you, but I did not find the answer.

PDF's can be added to the root of SkyDemon under Android or OIS. Just follow the rule of the ICAO code followed by an underlscore and the name you want to give to the map. (see page 48 of the User Manual)

But how do you do this on a Windows PC? I did not find. If I put my PDF file under the root directory of SkyDemon in the PC, I do not find this user plate as found in Android.

Many thanks for your answer.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
It should just be in the SkyDemon folder in your My Documents folder.
frederic
frederic
Thank You Tim,
It is what I have done, I have renamed the ULIP of EBBY with the name "EBBY_ULIP.pdf" and copied on my PC Windows under C:/Documents/Skydemon/EBBY_ULIP.pdf
But when I right Click on the button of this airfield and then click on Find Plates, I don't see my file, even if I try to scroll on the screen.

I supose I do something wrong, but...

Many thanks for you help.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Apparently we simply do not support user documents on SkyDemon Plan, sorry.
frederic
frederic
Tim Dawson - 8/16/2018 10:40:59 AM
Apparently we simply do not support user documents on SkyDemon Plan, sorry.

Ok, thanks

frederic
frederic
Since the ULIP DataBase is updated by the Belgian ULM Federation (BULMF) and is really reliable, could SkyDemon consider using this DB to automatically download the ULIP into SD as it is done for BASULM for Fance ?

Thank you
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
We would certainly consider it, given the permission of the copyright holders, but it would be a good chunk of work for us. I am a little surprised by this request actually, as we are very popular in Belgium and I don't think anyone has mentioned these plates up until now. Do you know how many airfields are contained in the dataset which do not already have freely available information published in the standard AIP Belgium?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search