Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Loss of flight plans stored in the Cloud

Author
George Reid
Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I normally plan routes on my PC and store those routes in the cloud.  Prior to going to the airfield I download the route from the cloud to my ipad. I let the weather and notams update, set the expected take off time and then store the route on my ipad, which also updates the cloud version.

I‌ decided to clear some old routes off my ipad, but I discovered that if I delete a route from my device the corresponding Cloud version is also deleted.  Is this a bug or is it the intended consequence of removing a route from a device?‌

George E A Reid

Ipad Mini 5,  IOS 14.4,  SD 3.15.0.288
PC(Win 10, Version 19041.804)  SD 3.15.0.0

George Reid
George Reid
Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)
SemperFi - 2/28/2018 2:45:19 AM
Your automatic cloud sync is enabled.

What you intend to do, and what was totally SOP for many using SD, is no longer possible in the latest version. They call it 'make the product simpler', see Tim Dawsons answer to my 'why no more manual store to icloudˋ question. I call it different, as it renders basic features of the cloud as some sort of file system extension useless.

I enabled automatic cloud sync as I wish to use the Cloud for the storage of all my flightplans.  I wish to minimise the use of on-device storage of plans therefore I would like to be able to clear a plan off my device without losing it from the cloud.

George E A Reid

derWessi
derWessi
Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)
SemperFi - 2/28/2018 11:53:55 AM
GEAR - 2/28/2018 9:55:50 AM

What you intend to do, and what was totally SOP for many using SD, is no longer possible in the latest version. They call it 'make the product simpler', see Tim Dawsons answer to my 'why no more manual store to icloudˋ question. I call it different, as it renders basic features of the cloud as some sort of file system extension useless.

I enabled automatic cloud sync as I wish to use the Cloud for the storage of all my flightplans.  I wish to minimise the use of on-device storage of plans therefore I would like to be able to clear a plan off my device without losing it from the cloud.

Perfect, now we are two ...

And now you are three... :-)‌

George Reid
George Reid
derWessi - 2/28/2018 1:56:44 PM
SemperFi - 2/28/2018 11:53:55 AM
GEAR - 2/28/2018 9:55:50 AM

Perfect, now we are two ...

And now you are three... :-)‌

I have a work around to avoid los‌ing plans stored in the cloud. I disable the wiFi on my ipad, then in SkyDemon i call up the Route/Open menu to view the flightplans stored on the device. I delete those flightplans that I no longer wish to store locally. I can then re connect the WiFi.  Cloud flight plans will not have been deleted.

George E A Reid

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Another workaround is to simply open Setup in SkyDemon and go into Offline Mode. If SkyDemon is offline it won't repeat the delete in the cloud, and will only delete the local file.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Offline Mode means SkyDemon will not use the internet to do stuff in the background.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search