Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Viewing Logged Notes v3.9.1

Author
plume_tray
Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Other than in the Debriefing Pack, how do we view notes that we've logged? Reason being, on a busy flight, I might need to go back and check what I've logged.

‌Is it possible to edit or delete a logged note? In case of typos or errors?
plume_tray
plume_tray
Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)
Can't find anything in the user manual, however I just realised something else.

‌SD automatically starts logging (which is a good thing), but to input a user note, you must first select "Log Engine On" or "Log Off Blocks" before the "Write note" option is available in the menu.

‌What happens when you forget to select either "Log Engine On" or "Log Off Blocks" and you are half way into a flight and you want to write a note? The user manual says "Log Engine On" or "Log Off Blocks" overrides the log times in the Debriefing Pack.

‌The "Write note" option needs display in the menu immediately after pressing "Go Flying/Fly"?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
You can only write a note in a log when you are actually logging. So if you're half way into a flight, you will be logging, and you can log any notes you want.

The notes associated with a flight are part of the record of what happened during the flight, and they're not designed such that you can go back and edit them.‌‌ The debriefing pack is exactly where you go to view lots of things associated with the log including notes; I'm not sure why we would duplicate them elsewhere.
plume_tray
plume_tray
Tim Dawson - 1/29/2018 11:50:07 AM
You can only write a note in a log when you are actually logging. So if you're half way into a flight, you will be logging, and you can log any notes you want.

The notes associated with a flight are part of the record of what happened during the flight, and they're not designed such that you can go back and edit them.‌‌ The debriefing pack is exactly where you go to view lots of things associated with the log including notes; I'm not sure why we would duplicate them elsewhere.

It would be nice, at least, to view my current notes while I'm in "flying" mode. ‌To view them in the debriefing pack, you have to "Stop Navigating", which I don't want to do until after I've ended the flight, so the navigation/logging remains continuous.

Also, to reword my other question, after I press "Go Flying", I'm not seeing the "Write Note" option until after I press either "Log Engine On" or "Log Off Blocks" options. Is this a bug? See attached below. (FYI I was still on the ground at this point).

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
It isn't a bug. You can't add notes to your log unless you are logging.

Why exactly are you wanting to review notes you have added to your log while you are still flying? I get the feeling you might be trying to repla‌‌ce the scratchpad with our new add-note-to-log feature, which is really design for logging things like "engine made a funny noise", "flew over an interesting house", "saw a spitfire" so you can review them later with the position and altitude you were at.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search