Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Constant reversion back to IFR vectoring chart during ILS approach

Author
DavidC
Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I backseated an ILS procedural approach into Gloucester a couple of days ago. Called up the ILS chart overlay which has always worked well, but frequently SD replaced that with the IFR radar vectoring chartlet. See below left. Very unhelpful and renders the ILS approach chart display useless, and irrelevant since Gloucester don't have radar service available so much these days.

I‌s there any way to prevent this happening?

S‌D version 3.9.0.97

‌‌‌‌

--- CPL/IR/FI based in South of England
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Please contact customer support about this issue.
DavidC
DavidC
Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)
Unbelievably rapid respond to my support query this afternoon....

"We recently added some more plates for georeferencing (things like local entry/exit lanes that people would find useful), and in doing so, it looks like this particular one has slipped in.

We will remove the georeferencing for this plate, which should take effect in the next couple of days, but in the meantime, if you manually delete the plate from your cache (open the airfield information tab then swipe to the left across the listed plate) it won't overlay automatically.‌"

--- CPL/IR/FI based in South of England
Wheal
W
Too Much Forum (284 reputation)Too Much Forum (284 reputation)Too Much Forum (284 reputation)Too Much Forum (284 reputation)Too Much Forum (284 reputation)Too Much Forum (284 reputation)Too Much Forum (284 reputation)Too Much Forum (284 reputation)Too Much Forum (284 reputation)
DavidC - 1/2/2018 3:06:20 PM
Unbelievably rapid respond to my support query this afternoon....

"We recently added some more plates for georeferencing (things like local entry/exit lanes that people would find useful), and in doing so, it looks like this particular one has slipped in.

We will remove the georeferencing for this plate, which should take effect in the next couple of days, but in the meantime, if you manually delete the plate from your cache (open the airfield information tab then swipe to the left across the listed plate) it won't overlay automatically.‌"

Wheal
W
Too Much Forum (284 reputation)Too Much Forum (284 reputation)Too Much Forum (284 reputation)Too Much Forum (284 reputation)Too Much Forum (284 reputation)Too Much Forum (284 reputation)Too Much Forum (284 reputation)Too Much Forum (284 reputation)Too Much Forum (284 reputation)
Hi, some time ago I asked if you were going to geo reference IFR plates and was told that it was time consuming and expensive, which I can understand. However, having used the referenced plates at Gloucester (as an aid not for primary navigation) they were fantastic and would gladly pay extra to have similar plates for other airfields.
Thanks,
Paul.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search